38th Annual Winterville Watermelon Festival
Commercial Vendors/Non-Profit-General Information
Location - Winterville Recreation Park, 332 Sylvania St, Winterville, NC 28590
3 Day Vendors (Friday, August 25th Sunday, August 27th) $300 per space (price includes 1-10x10 space, 1-110V electrical outlet & 2 parking passes) Vendor hours - Friday 6pm - 11pm / Saturday 8am - 11pm / Sunday 1pm - 6pm (Limited space available)
2 Day Vendors (Saturday, August 26th - Sunday, August 27th) $150 per space (price includes 1-10x10 space & 2 parking passes)
1 Day Vendor (Saturday, August 26th) $100 per space (price includes 1-10x10 space & 1 parking pass Vendor hours 8am - 6pm
1. All vendors are personally responsible for the collection, reporting, and remittance of sales tax as required by the North Carolina Department of Revenue. 2. No parking is allowed on the festival site except for unloading. Three-day vendors will be allowed 2 parking passes on site and Saturday vendors will be allowed 1 parking pass off site. No exceptions will be made.
3. Vendors in these categories are NOT ALLOWED to give-away any food or drink items that are meant to be consumed on site. Samples may be permitted with permission from festival staff.
4. All vendors must occupy the space provided and specified by the festival committee. No vendors are allowed to walk around to sell or give-away their items.
5. Vendors must provide their own tables, chairs and tents. Lights and extension cords will be needed by 3-day vendors. In accordance with guidelines from the Winterville Building Inspections Department, all extension cords must be 3 wire cords (must have a ground prong All extension cords should have a minimum wire size of #12.
6. In accordance with guidelines from the Winterville Building Inspections Department, "All tents MUST be secured to the ground with stakes or pegs that are embedded in the ground at or near the "legs" or poles of tent(s In lieu of pegs or stakes, a weight added to the base of each leg sufficient to withstand a significant wind gust can be used. This weight should be equivalent to 20 pounds for each leg of the tent". ALL VENDORS SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE THE 20 POUND WEIGHTS BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME AREAS
THAT YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO DRIVE STAKES. IF YOU FAIL TO MEET THESE GUIDELINES, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SET-UP AND NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE.
7. Saturday only vendor sales will end at 6pm and all booths must be taken down and removed at that time. Vehicles must be packed and off site by 7pm. Vendors set-up along Division Street will have to park along Ange Street to load at the end of the show. Hand trucks or carts are recommended. No vehicles will be allowed on Division Street to load. No exceptions.
8. All participants are required to operate throughout the vendor advertised hours. Participants that close and/or depart early on Saturday may not be eligible to participate in future festivals.
9. Confirmation will be sent to you prior to the festival by email. Please provide a valid email address on application. It is important that all applications be legible. Set-up time and other information will be provided after vendors are accepted.
10. Vendors assume responsibility for any items left on the festival site after hours. It is recommended that 3-day vendors set-up and take down their merchandise daily.
11. Only one (1) specialty item vendor (ex. Thirty-One Gifts, Mary Kay, Avon, Tupperware, Scentsy, etc for each company will be allowed to display/sell at the festival.
12. The following items should not be sold by vendors: Snap-N-Pops, Crazy Foam, Silly String, Fireworks, Stink Bombs, Disappearing Ink, Water Guns, Cap Guns, Knives, and any other weapons. The committee has the authority to ban any other items they deem unsafe or a nuisance. Violation of this policy would result in the vendor being ejected from the festival without refund.
13. REFUNDS: By applying for the festival, the vendor acknowledges and agrees that the Winterville Watermelon Festival shall not be obliged to issue refunds under any circumstances on vendor space rental. The Winterville Watermelon Festival is not liable or responsible for delays, cancellations or postponements of the festival or events within the festival due to inclement weather, war, government actions, strikes or other matters beyond our control.