Elk Haven Equestrian Center
Liability Release and Agreement for this Facility
Please read carefully:
• Serious injury may result from your using this facility. Elk Haven Equestrian Center does not guarantee your safety nor that of your horse(s).
• I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FACILITY RULES AND AGREE TO ABIDE
BY THEM FULLY.
• I understand that horse-back riding and jumping is a high risk sport and I understand the inherent dangers of riding or being around horses and am participating at my own risk. Serious injury may result from using this facility. I am willing to accept the risk of working with/on horses. I am willing to accept the risk of working with/on horses.
• I hold EHEC; it's owners, employees, agents, and/or volunteers harmless for any and all injuries or illness incurred by myself, my horse(s) and others that accompany me on EHEC property. I shall bring no claims, demands, actions, causes or action and/or litigation against EHEC and/or its associates as previously stated for any loss due to bodily injury or death sustained by me, my minor children, legal ward, or horse(s) in relation to the premises and operation of EHEC., which includes riding, handling, or being near horses while at EHEC.
• I understand and agree that any minor (under 18 years of age) must have a parent of legal guardian to accompany them at all times.
• I understand and agree that EHEC is not responsible for any act, occurrence, or element of nature that can scare, endanger or cause harm to a horse, causing it to react in an unsafe manner.
• I understand and agree that anyone using this facility and/or parent/guardian to repair or reimburse EHEC for all expenses which include materials and time in the event of any damage to equipment, jumps, arenas, or any part of the property that is damaged by their horse(s) or themselves.
• I understand and agree that no pets are allowed and that we will honor the “No Smoking” requests and other safety rules.
• I understand and agree that inhumane treatment of the horse(s) or repeated unsafe acts will immediately void all agreements and I will forfeit any fees and rights to access this center.
• I understand that the stable owner shall not be liable for an injury to the horse(s) or damage to any property should the said horse(s) escape from the enclosure or while on the property.
Elk Haven Equestrian Center Facility Rules for Clinic Participants
Please read carefully:
• There will be no use of this facility without first obtaining permission and reservations from property owner(s), signing a release.
• Do use the highlines provided or tie to your trailer. Do not tie to board fences.
• All riders under the age of eighteen and all English riders must wear an approved safety helmet with harness while riding. EHEC strongly encourages all riders to wear helmets. Liability releases are needed prior to mounting!
• No horse may be turned loose in any area at any time.
• No smoking, anywhere, anytime. (Elk Haven Equestrian is in a extreme forest fire danger area and the pleasure of your cigarette may cost the forest critters and us our livelihoods. Please discuss this with us if this is a problem.)
• No pets. If you need a pet we will loan you one. This facility is a wild life sanctuary.
• It is your responsibility to clean up after yourself and your horse. No manure, hay, litter is to be left in the road, parking or camping areas. Please note designated dumpsites. You are our guests on our private working farm, please treat the land and us with respect.
• Please park in designated areas.
• To keep the area pristine, we have minimized signage, so though not posted, speed limit is 10 mph or less for everyone's safety and peace of mind.