Nominations are now being accepted for Illinois TRIO Alumni Achiever recognition. This gives TRIO personnel an opportunity to recognize an alumni form your program who has filled the special role of TRIO Achiever in their academic, civic and/or professional roles. The winners will be recognized, during the Luncheon on Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at the Professional Conference at the Embassy Suites 100 Conference Center Drive East Peoria, IL 61611. The recognition will be determined based on the nominee's specific qualities, actions, and abilities that distinguish him or her as a role model of TRIO achievement.
ILLINOIS TRIO ALUMNI ACHIEVER AWARD CRITERIA
The following are examples of the qualities and practices which can contribute to a TRIO Achiever. These criteria are listed in no particular order of importance:
1. Past TRIO participant, who had good attendance and participation in TRIO related activities; their participation in TRIO had a positive impact on students and or the program.
2. Earned a high school diploma and or professional college degree(s)
3. Involvement in civic activities or professional contributions, volunteer work, clubs, church, or academic, etc.
4. Professional Employment (for a minimum of five (5) or more years)
5. Personal and/or educational obstacles alumni has overcome.
6. Good role model for other students, demonstrates respect and a sincere and active interest in the well-being of others.
7. Willing to attend the Luncheon in person or virtually (will not keep anyone from qualifying).
8. Nominated by TRIO staff member who is a current member of ILLINOIS TRIO.
The Nominator must provide a Testimonial Statement: Please tell us how this person has achieved success and impacted your program/students. Comments must be no less than 100 and no more than 175 words. Nominator must be a current paid member of ILLINOIS TRIO.
~ Only one nomination per program will be accepted. Remember to send photo of Alumni~