The WEST VALLEY EDUCATION FOUNDATION was created to enrich and help maximize the quality of education in the schools of the district by providing financial support for programs that assist in achieving academic excellence. To this end, the Foundation developed the Student Academic Scholarship Program.
The West Valley Education Foundation Academic Scholarship Program is expected to financially assist qualified applicants in obtaining degrees or certificates from accredited academic institutions of higher learning or career and technical institutions. The program is open to any student preparing to enter or already attending these institutions.
Scholarships Covered by this Application
This application may be used for applying to one or multiple scholarship programs overseen by The West Valley Education Foundation. The scholarships covered by this application are:
- West Valley Education Foundation Scholarship (up to fifteen awards of $1,500 each available)
- Crowley Scholarship (two awards of $1,500 each available)
- Elberta Walker Memorial Scholarship (one award of $1,000 available)
- Gerald and Sandra Bishop Scholarship (up to two awards of $2,500 each available)
- Jack Spring Memorial Scholarship (one award of $1,000 available)
- Jeremy McSpadden Jr. Memorial Scholarship (up to $1000 in total awards)
- Jerry Harrington Memorial Scholarship (one award of $1,000 available)
- Liberg Memorial Scholarship (up to two awards of $500 available)
- McLachlan Gorton Scholarship (one award of $1,500 available)
- Oka Leadership and Integrity Award (one award of $1,500 available)
- Phipps Draper Scholarship (one award of $1,500 available)
- Sophie Hawley Memorial Scholarship (up to 5 awards of $1,000 each available and a $2,500 pool available for past WVSD graduates)
Some scholarship awards do have specific eligibility and application criteria and applicants are required to confirm which scholarship(s) they want to be considered for when they submit their application.
Applications should be submitted online by completing this form and ensuring the additional forms referenced in this application are completed by the due date of April 28, 2023.
- A completed Application Form (including essay responses)
- Applicant Appraisal (separate form, link provided below)
- Official Transcript (separate form, link provided below)
- Two letters of reference (from those who are not relatives of the candidate) that address the suitability of the candidate for the award, nature of the relationship with the candidate and length of time of the relationship.
General Selection Criteria
West Valley School District graduate
Letters of recommendation
Note: The above criteria are unweighted and unranked
Scholarship Specific Eligibility Criteria
Please review the Scholarship Eligibility Confirmation page for any specific criteria that must be met to be eligible for scholarship programs covered by this application. Applicants must declare which scholarships they want to be considered for at the time of submitting their application and required materials.
Maintain an overall post-secondary GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent each semester
Receipt of another full-tuition scholarship reduces or eliminates the West Valley Scholarship.
All materials submitted for consideration for a scholarship automatically become the physical property of the West Valley Education Foundation and will not be returned to the sender.
Please direct questions about the application or process to email@example.com