This application form is exclusively for Black entrepreneurs who reside in Northern California and meet specific eligibility criteria. To qualify, the applicant must:
- Be a Black entrepreneur living in Northern California
- Be a member of the San Francisco Bay Area Chapter of the National Black MBA Association
- Have a business idea or an existing business that is no more than three years old
- The business should be at least 51% Black-owned
- Have the potential to receive funding from a venture capitalist
To apply, please complete the following steps:
- Fill out the application form with all the necessary information about you and your business.
- Submit a one-page executive summary of their business idea or existing business, which should include a brief company description, market opportunity, business model, and financial plan.
The deadline for submitting applications is 6:00 pm PST on March 30, 2023.
All pitch applicants invited to the final pitch round will be required to submit a pitch deck with no more than 10 slides that visually and clearly presents their business idea and vision no later than April 15, 2023.
The Entrepreneur & Business Development Committee will evaluate all applications and choose a maximum of ten participants for the preliminary round of the pitch challenge. Selected applicants will be informed via email and provided with further instructions on the next steps. All participants must attend a mandatory pitch workshop to prepare for the preliminary pitch challenge round, which will take place between April and June 2023.