The Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) is committed to the future of sustainable construction in Florida and as such will award five (3) $1,000 scholarships to higher education students for the 2023-24 academic year.
The FGBC scholarships will be offered to students entering their junior year or more in a higher education degree program and who are interested in pursuing a career in sustainability. To apply for these scholarships you must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States and a resident of Florida. To apply for a FGBC scholarship, please complete the application form below and submit requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2023.
Additional Information on the scholarship
To qualify applicant must be:
- A citizen or legal resident of the United States and a resident of Florida.
- Currently attending a Florida public or private college or university.
- Planning to study an aspect of sustainability in the built environment.
- Entering their junior, senior year, or a graduate program.
- Acceptance into a qualifying trade school.
Applicant must include in their submittal:
- A narrative that details their educational background, summary of academic interests and achievements, educational and personal goals in the sustainability field, their specific field of interest and other pertinent information. The letter should not exceed 500 words. You may include attachments.
- Two letters of reference, one character and one from an academic instructor must be included with the application
- Course transcript from current or most-recent institution attended. Mature students may contact the chairperson to determine previous grades history.
Application must be submitted electronically to C. J. Davila, Executive Director, Florida Green Building Coalition with the subject line “2023 FGBC Sustainability Award Application” by April 30, 2023.
Upon receipt of the completed application, the FGBC scholarship committee will review and choose the scholarship recipients. Scholarships are awarded solely at the discretion of members of the FGBC scholarship committee based on the merit of the applications submitted.
Selection of the scholarship is based on:
- Academic record –3.0 GPA (unweighted) or higher
- Financial need
- Acceptance to or continued study in a program at a higher education institution.
- Commitment to a career in sustainability, green building design or construction……
- An interview with the scholarship committee