NPL APPLICATION PROCESS:
- May 26: this application is due. This deadline is firm. This is a "best guess" of which teams (with history) your club would like considered for the NPL in 2023-24.
- Week of June 19: applications reviewed by League of Directors.
NPL CLUB STANDARDS:
- Must be a TCSL club in good standing. Club structure and sportsmanship history will be considered.
- This is a "Club Based" application, however, individual teams will be considered to fill divisions as appropriate.
- Clubs that enter four or more teams have voting priviledges per the League of Directors governance model.
- Facilities: must have a demonstrated history of having flexible availability with regard to scheduling indoor matches on appropriately-sized fields in the winter months.
- Coach Education Standards:
- Participating clubs must have a DOC and/or Executive Director that holds at minimum a USSF ‘C’ License or United Soccer Coaches Advanced National Diploma (or have a plan to obtain)
- All team coaches must have USSF 'D' License or United Soccer Coaches National Diploma or higher (or share a plan with TCSL to obtain)
PROFESSIONAL APPROACH - AGREEMENT:
All NPL clubs will be held to a high standard including signing an Agreement that covers, but not limited to, the following:
- Participating in TCSL initiatives to improve refereeing in the state of Minnesota;
- Sideline Culture;
- Code of Ethics amongst Member Clubs
Current Members - $1,000 Bond (applied to league dues in full)
New Members - $1,000 Bond ($100 application fee if accepted, $900 applied to dues in full if accepted)
If an applicant is not accepted, the club will be refunded in full.
All applications are reviewed by the League of Directors. As has been in the past, preference will be given to those clubs that commit to the NPL at multiple age groups and genders.
Single teams will be considered in the event that divisions need "division fillers".