MERLIN DOUGLAS GRIGGS SR.
2023-2024 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants MUST:
- Be an active member of Fallbrook Church for at least 1 year.
- Be an active participant in a Fallbrook ministry for at least 1 year (i.e. Student Ministry Connect Groups on Wednesdays and Sundays, Praise Dance, Hospitality, Fly Girls, Sons of Valor, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Drill Team, Step Team)
- Have proof of participation in a community service activity in the church.
- Be a graduating high school student in the year of application.
- Use funds for undergraduate studies.
- Have a cumulative overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on the unweighted scale.
- Submit ALL documentation and copies of student registration.
Completed application and supporting materials must be turned in to the Student Ministry Lead by May 21st. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Please set aside at least an hour to complete this application.
Please gather the following items before beginning your applications:
- All Materials Must Be Submitted At One Time
- All applications must be typed or clearly printed in blue or black ink.
- Every blank in the scholarship application must be completed. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If a particular portion of the application of the application does not apply, the applicant should typoe or write N/A.
- Required Documents:
- An unofficial high school transcript uploaded as a PDF document.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes. (recommenders cannot be related to applicants):
- One letter from the Fallbrook Student Ministry Team or a church leader who knows the applicant’s spiritual stewardship.
- One letter from a current or former teacher, guidance counselor, or principal who knows the academic capabilities of the applicant.
- One letter from an employer, community service leader, coach, extracurricular activity leader, friend of the family or other Fallbrook member.
- Proof of at least 40 community service hours, 20 of which must be completed at Fallbrook and 20 completed outside of Fallbrook.
- A 500-800-word essay describing your Christian experience, your church and student ministry involvement, how you plan to serve God in college and beyond, and where you see God leading you in the next 5 to 10 years.
Scholarship Award Guidelines
- A total of $1,000 divided into four semesters ($250 per semester) will be awarded to any student who receiveds the minimum score based on the quality of the submitted information.
- After the first semester of study, scholarship recipients will be responsible for submitting their required scholarship documents to the Student Ministry Lead (email@example.com) for each of the remaining semesters.
- The required scholarship documents are:
- A copy of the student’s previous semester grades – must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- A copy of the student’s registration form or class schedule for the current semester.
- A copy of the student’s tuition bill, mailing address for where the check needs to be mailed to, and the student’s identification number as proof of enrollment in a university, college, trade school, or in a business school.
- In order to receive the scholarship for a fall semester, the submission deadline is August 2nd.
- In order to receive the scholarship for a spring semester, the submission deadline is January 2nd.
• Renewals received after these deadlines will not be processed.
All scholarships checks will be mailed directly to student’s school. It is the student’s responsibility to contact their school’s Financial Aid, Accounting, or Student Services department to find the correct mailing address where the check can be sent.