THE DELTA FARMLAND AND WILDLIFE TRUST, a non-profit, community based, charitable society, whose mission is to promote the preservation of farmland and associated wildlife habitat in the Fraser River delta through sustainable farming and land stewardship (referred hereinafter as the "DFWT").
WHEREAS: the Cooperator and DFWT have agreed to cost-share the application of lime or gypsum to agricultural fields within the Municipality of Delta, in the Province of British Columbia.
THE COOPERATOR WILL:
- apply lime or gypsum to the field(s) described in Schedule A.
- ensure that fields described in Schedule A are spread by October 30th, 2023.
- notify DFWT if the amendment cannot be performed by October 30th, 2023.
- provide a receipt for lime/gypsum applied to field(s) described in Schedule A if planning to apply the lime or gypsum themselves, or provide a receipt indicating acreage and application rate for the field(s) described in Schedule A if contracting the application.
- abide by the following restrictions:
- cooperator can apply for funding for a maximum of 150 metric tons of lime or gypsum
- any field described in Schedule A can only have a maximum of 2 tons of lime/gypsum per acre funded under the program
- indemnify and save harmless DFWT from and against any and all actions, suits, claims, demands, damages and losses, howsoever arising as a result of the DFWT Soil Amendment program.
- submit this application to DFWT no later than November 1, 2023.