THIS SECTION MUST BE COMPLETED BY PARENT OR GUARDIAN OF PARTICIPANT IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT.
My student, [name below], has my permission to attend Highland Park High School AfterProm, held May 20, 2023, from 11:30 pm-2:30 am at the Recreation Center of Highland Park at 1207 Park Avenue W, Highland Park, IL 60035.
I, the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate, understand, and agree to the following:
- I consent for my student to attend the Highland Park High School AfterProm as described above (“Event”).
- I acknowledge and understand that my student must register for the Event online in addition to signing this agreement in order to attend the Event.
- I acknowledge and understand that my student’s attendance at the Event is voluntary and not required by District 113. District 113 is not sponsoring, supervising, or hosting the Event. Supervision is provided and contracted by HP AfterProm.
- I agree that my student shall comply with all stated and customary terms, posted safety signs, rules, and verbal instructions from staff and Event chaperones as conditions for their presence and participation in the Event. I acknowledge that my student may be denied access to, or removed from the Event if they do not comply with these stated terms, if they display evidence of sickness or illness, or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol. I understand that I may be required to pick up my student under these conditions, and that transportation for this purpose will not be supplied.
- I understand that participation in the Event constitutes consent for HP AfterProm to use any film, video, or likeness of my student for promotional purposes, without payment to me or my student.
- I recognize, acknowledge, agree, and understand that there are known and unknown risks associated with my student’s presence at the Event, including injury, allergic reaction, illness, property damage, loss, and/or death. I knowingly and voluntarily assume any risks associated with my student’s presence and participation.
- In the event of my student’s illness or injury, I hereby authorize District 113 and HP AfterProm to provide emergency first aid and, if necessary, to seek medical treatment for my student. I hereby authorize the diagnosis and treatment of my student by a qualified and licensed medical professional in the event of a medical emergency, which in the opinion of the attending medical professional, requires immediate attention. I also agree to assume all responsibility and expenses incurred as a result of any emergency care needed.