I pledge the following...
1. I will demonstrate good sportsmanship regardless of the score.
2. I will show respect to all game officials, coaches, players, & parents.
3. I will not argue with or question the decisions made by the on-field game officials.
4. I will not use drugs, tobacco or alcohol at any practice or game & will remind others on my team not to do so.
5. I will shake hands with the other team at the conclusion of all games.
6. I will shake hands with the officials at the conclusion of all games.
The essentail elements of character building & ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship & six core principles.
Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, & Good Citizenship. I therefore agree:
1. I will remember that children participate to have fun & that the game is for youth, not adults.
2. I will learn the rules of the game & the policies of the league.
3. I (& my guests) will be a positive role model for my child & encourage sportsmanship by showing respect & courtesy.
4. I (& my guest) will demonstrate positive support for all players, coaches, officials & spectators at every game.
5. I (& my guest) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent.
6. I (& my guest) will not engage in tactics such as booing or taunting.
7. I will teach my child to play by the rules & to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
8. I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials, & spectators with respect.
9. I will praise my child for competing fairly & trying hard, & make my child feel like a winner every time.
10. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participant for making a mistake or losing a competition.
11. I will promote the emotional & physical well-being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
12. I will respect the officials, game administrators & their authority before, during & after games.
13. I will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the game - either during or after the game.
14. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, & alcohol & I will refrain from their use at all sports events.
15. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games & practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules & guidelines at practices, games, & all SECYFL-AAU Conference sanctioned events. I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
This sheet has information to help protect your children from concussion or other serious brain injury. Use this information at your children's games and practices to learn how to spot a concussion and what to do if a concussion occurs.
What Is a Concussion?
A concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury -or- TBI- caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head or by a hit to the body that causes the head and brain to move quickly back and forth. This fast movement can cause the brain to ebounce around or twist in the skull, creating chemical changes in the brain and sometimes stretching and damaging the brain cells.
How Can I Help Keep My Child Safe?
Sports are a great way for children to stay healthy and can help them do well in school. To help lower your child's chances of getting a concussion or other serious brain injury, you should:
How Can I Spot a Possible Concussion?
Children who show or report one or more of the signs and symptoms listed below - or they just don't feel right after a bump, blow, or jolt to the head of body- may have a concussion or other serious brain injury.
Signs Observed by Parents or Coaches
Symptoms Reported by Children
Talk with your children and teens about concussion. Tell them to report their concussion symptoms to you and their coach right away.
Children and teens who continue play while having concussion symptoms or who return to play too soon- while the brain is still healing- have a greater chance of getting another concussion. A repeat concussion that occurs while the brain is still healing from the first injury can be very serious and can affect a child for a lifetime.
What Should I Do If My Child Has A Possible Concussion?
As aa parent, if you think your child may have a concussion, you should:
Discuss the risks of concussion and other serious brain injury with your child and both you and your child must sign this sheet.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK/WAIVER OF LIABILITY/ INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
In consideration of being allowed to participate on behalf of SCEYFL-AAU Football & Cheer Conference and its associated member athletic programs and related events and activites, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
DISCLOUSRE AND CONSENT
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian, with legal responsibility for this participant, have read and explained the provisions in this waiver/release ot my child including the risks of persence and participation and his/her personal responsibilities for adhering to the rules and regulations for protection against communicable diseases. Furthermore, my child understands and accepts these risk and responsibilities. I for myself, my spouse, and child do consent and agree to his/her release provided above for all the Releasees and myself, my spouse, and child do release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees for any and all liabilities incident to my minor child's presence or participation in these activities as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent provided by law.
ALL PLAYERS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE:
TACKLE FOOTBALL PROGRAM INCLUDES:
I, the parent/guardian of the listed player above, acknowledge that the checked-out equipment listed to my athlete is the property of LUU SPORTS INC, doing business as San Bernardino Hawks Youth Football & Cheer program (aka SB Hawks), and that I am obligated to return the equipment at the conclusion of the season; when the player no longer is participating; or when requested to do so. I acknowledge that if I fail to return the equipment described herein, or if the equipment is returned damaged (except what is deemed by SB Hawks as normal wear and tear), that I shall be responsible to pay to SB Hawks the replacement cost of the equipment. Replacement Cost for Helmet is $200, Shoulder Pads $100, Practice Jersey $25, and Practice Pants $50.
I recognize, acknowledge, accept, and assume the potential risks of injuries and dangers involved in participation in the sport of football and related activities. I recognize and acknowledge that no football equipment, regardless of condition or rating, can fully prevent injuries such as but not limited to concussions. I acknowledge and agree that SB Hawks, its board members, and/or volunteers and affiliates should not assume responsibility for, nor guarantee the personal safety of participants, nor does SB Hawks warrant, guarantee, or assume responsibility for the borrowed equipment. In return for being allowed to participate in the SB Hawks program, I release and agree not to sue San Bernardino Hawks Youth Football and Cheer or LUU Sports, its affiliates and coaches from all present and future claims that may be made by me, my family, estate, heirs or assigns for property damage, personal injury or wrongful death arising as a result of my participation in the program and /or caused by the ordinary negligence, wherever, whenever, or however the same may occur. I understand and agree that SB Hawks and its affiliates are not responsible for any injury or property damages arising out of the Program, even if caused by their ordinary negligence. I understand that participation in the Program involves certain risk, including, but not limited to, serious injury and death. I am voluntarily participating in the Program with knowledge of the danger involved and agree to accept all risks of participation. I also agree to indemnify and hold harmless SB Hawks for all claims arising out of participation in the Program and all related activities. Further, I hereby release, waive, covenant not to sue, and agree to hold harmless and indemnify the SB Hawks board of directors, its officers, members, volunteers, and affiliates from any and all liability, damages, claims, demands, or causes of action of any kind and/or nature of which may arise from the participation of the program, and/or use of the equipment borrowed/rented from SB Hawks. I further acknowledge that I have carefully read the foregoing release and acknowledgment and know the contents thereof and sign this release and acknowledgement as a free and voluntary act.