APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY JUNE 9
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR SUBMISSION
globalFEST is a non-profit organization whose work is based on the belief that music can be a driving force toward a society that values cultural diversity as a source of unity rather than division. We pursue this by moving global music – from traditional to contemporary and the hybrids in between – to the center of the cultural conversation and the center of the performing arts field.
Please fill out this form to submit your band for globalFEST, which will take place on January 14, 2024.
globalFEST's festival takes place each January and is one of North America’s most important global music events, attracting a large number of music industry professionals, members of the press and music fans. Following participation at gF, artists have gone on to tour North America at hundreds of theaters, events and festivals across the country and around the world. Tours and cultural exchanges, as well as features and articles, that result from participating at globalFEST have built an ever-widening audience for global music and, by extension, an increase in international cooperation and collaboration.
For our 21ST FESTIVAL, we are looking forward to returning to an in-person celebration. The health and safety of participants as our top priority. We acknowledge that, in this unprecedented time, things may change rapidly and we may have to shift plans.
To see previous gF artists, visit https://www.globalfest.org/gfartists/alumni-artists.
PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMITTING
Artists are responsible for their own travel, accommodation, and visas. globalFEST provides a modest reimbursement towards some expenses. gF partner Tamizdat Artist Services offers gF artists low-cost visa application services. We suggest starting the visa process as soon as you confirm participation to avoid having to pay additional premium processing costs. For more information, please visit https://www.artistsfromabroad.org/.
- Previous globalFEST participants are not eligible to apply.
- There is a $20 application fee.
- Once started, you must complete the entire submission. You cannot return to a partially completed application. Please use the checklist at the link below to prepare the materials needed to apply in advance. We recommend first answering the questions in a separate document before filling in the form. Download the checklist here.
- We base our invitations in large part on live performance. Therefore, we must see at least three live performance videos, preferably in front of a live audience. Other videos are acceptable as supplemental material.
- We only accept 3 submissions per agent/agency. Do not send us your whole roster.
- We prioritize artists who have a firm commitment and ability to tour North America in 2024 - 2026.
- We prioritize artists who have an agent or manager attending APAP (Association for Performing Arts Professionals) conference or will be in New York during the conference and gF. Our experience shows that artists who have an agent or manager attending APAP or are in NY during APAP have more successful outcomes following gF.
- We do not accept CDs, DVDs, or promotional materials by mail.
- Notifications will be sent on or around the end of July 2023, with invitations happening on a rolling basis through September 2023.
- Should you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.