As part of providing a psychological service to you, the psychologist will need to collect and record personal information from you that is relevant to your current situation. This information will be a necessary part of the assessment and any subsequent diagnosis. You do not have to give all your personal information, but if you don’t, this may mean we may not be able to provide you with a service.
Confidentiality and Exchanging Information
All personal information gathered by the psychologist during the provision of the psychological service will remain confidential and secure except where:
1. It is subpoenaed by a court, or
2. Failure to disclose the information would place you or another person at serious and
imminent risk; or
3. Your prior approval has been obtained to
a) provide a written report to another professional or agency (e.g., a GP or a lawyer); or
b) discuss the material with another person (e.g., a parent or employer; or if disclosure
is otherwise required or authorised by law)
4. All provisional psychologists at the clinic discuss their case load with an experienced psychologist in a supervisory relationship. Information on the nature of the case is shared with the provisional psychologist’s supervisor.
5. Registered psychologists will also discuss client presentations in regular supervision to ensure best practice. We only discuss non-identifiable information in the course of supervision.
Please refer to your personalised quote that was provided prior to beginning the assessment. This will have a detailed breakdown of all sessions and associated fees for your specific assessment.
You will receive an SMS reminder 72 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule appointment, you are required to provide at least 48 hours notice. Otherwise, an out of pocket fee of 50% of the session fee will apply which is not covered by Medicare. This fee can be waived in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Psychologist and managing director. Our full cancellation policy can be found at www.unitedminds.org.au/client-area.
I have read and understood the above consent form and I agree to these conditions for the service.