Please fill out this Jotform Application to request funding under Round 2 of the Strong Communities Program (SCP).
Applications can be saved and returned to later. If an applicant would like to save the application and not yet submit, you must click the “Save and Finish Later” button at the bottom of this page. Applicants will then receive an email with changes allowing them to complete an application. You will not need to create a Jotform account for this.
An Application Guide can be found here. Applications are due by Wednesday, June 7, 2023, by 3:00 PM, CST.
No hard copies will be accepted. Please direct all questions to SCPinfo@ihda.org.
Applicants are required to provide a copy of their most recent independent financial audit. If a Management Letter was issued, a copy must also be attached. NOTE: Include any Management Response and/or Corrective Action Plan. The Management Response and/or Corrective Action Plan MUST be on the applicant’s letterhead and be signed by the Mayor, Chief Executive Officer, or chief executive of the applicant. IHDA reserves the right to use lack of corrective action or lack of response to findings to determine funding. Submission of an audit dated more than two years before the date of this application may result in a point deduction.
In the tables in Questions 17-20, please indicate if you have any of the following revitalization efforts currently in-place or planned within your jurisdiction. If you answer "yes" to plans currenlty in-place, an upload button will appear below the table where you can attach the revitalization effort. Make sure to include all plans/document listed as attachments with your application submission. *
*If you do not have active or planned revitalization efforts as outlined in Questions 17-20, please include any active or planned additional revitalization efforts to mitigate vacant and abandoned properties in Question 21. Please make sure to upload all efforts referenced.
Standard Requirements and Certifications
Every grantee under the Program will be required to comply with these certifications and requirements as well as any additional certifications or requirements covered in the grant documents or requested by IHDA:
1. Applicant certifies that all statement herein are true, accurate, and complete;
2. Applicant will not permit any discrimination on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, emotional or learning disability in connection with its participation in the Program;
3. Applicant will ensure expenditures of grant funds are for Eligible Uses under the Program;
4. Applicant will maintain records in connection with administration of the Program for five (5) years after the date of termination of the Commitment;
5. Applicant will comply with the terms and conditions of the Program;
6. Applicant will comply with monitoring and evaluation of the Program through the full Commitment period;
7. Applicant will comply with all Illinois prevailing wage requirements;
8. Applicant will comply with all federal/state/local laws and regulations, including, but not limited to historical preservation, environmental, demolition, and lead based paint laws; Applicant agrees and acknowledges that it is its responsibility to determine which laws and regulations apply;
9. Applicant certifies that all procurements/vendor contracts comply and will continue to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including applicable municipal procurement policies and procedures;
10. Applicant certifies that they have legal authority and rights to complete the demolition for all properties proposed.
11. Neither the applicant, nor its affiliates or related entities are delinquent in the payment of any debt to the State of Illinois (or if delinquent, has entered into a deferred payment plan to pay any debt)
On behalf of Applicant Name*, I certify that the information contained herein accurately reflects my jurisdiction’s commitment and ability to participate fully in the Strong Communities Program.First Name* Last Name* Title* Date