The Cooperator Will:
1) Over-seed or re-seed the forage field(s) described in Schedule A, that have been impacted by waterfowl grazing over the prior winter season in order to be eligible for the DFWT Forage Enhancement Program.
2) Ensure that the re-seeding or over-seeding of the field(s) described in Schedule A is completed by June 15, 2023.
3) Seed at a minimum rate of 25 lbs/acre for fields that are over-seeded.
4) Provide a copy of the invoice for the seed purchased.
5) Complete Schedule H-6: Authorization to Release Information form to authorize DFWT to receive reports from the BC Ministry of Agriculture pertaining to assessments of waterfowl grazing of field(s) described in Schedule A.
6) Allow DFWT to monitor fields for wildlife use from July 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024.
7) Ensure that the forage field is not terminated (i.e. tilled, herbicide application, etc before March 31, 2024.
8) Indemnify and save harmless DFWT from and against any and all actions, suits, claims, demands, damages or losses, howsoever arising as a result of the establishment and operation of the Forage Enhancement Program.
The Delta Farmland And Wildlife Trust Will:
1) Upon receipt of the Cooperator's proof of payment for forage seed planted and receipt of the Agriculture Wildlife Program waterfowl grazing assessment reports to the field(s) described in Schedule A, share the cost of enhancing forage fields through over-seeding or re-seeding within the Cities of Delta and Richmond, BC by paying $80/acre.
2) Reduce the reimbursement by the same percentage for all acreage applied for in the event that applications received by October 15, 2023, exceed available funds for the program.
3) Make payment by December 2023, after all agreements have been received with completed information and signatures from the Cooperator, and after DFWT has had the opportunity to verify all the acreage applied for.