Requirements and conditions for sponsorship recipients:
Canadian Physicians for Life will sponsor as many medical students to attend this event as possible, funds permitting.
Canadian Physicians for Life will pay for:
- 2 nights, shared accommodation at the Delta Hotel Ottawa Centre for out-of-town students. CPL will reserve your room.
- Conference fees and meals.
- A maximum allowance for air/train/bus/car travel, depending on location person is travelling from (exact amounts to be determined).
Students will be required to pay any remaining costs including the following:
- The portion of the travel fare over the maximum allowance. Students receiving a scholarship will be responsible for booking and paying for their flights (or other means of transportation) and will be issued a cheque reimbursing them for the travel expenses up to the maximum allowance by November 30, 2023.
- Students are required to submit their travel receipts, a donor thank you note, and their Event Survey in order to receive the reimbursement.
- Students are encouraged to be on the lookout for seat sales, which can reduce the cost of a flight considerably. Seat sales come and go all the time, so vigilance is recommended in order to get the best deal possible. Google Flights and Hopper.com are good resources.
- Transportation between airport and conference location.
- Sponsorship recipients are required to attend all sessions.
- Sponsorship applicants must complete the essay question.
- Receipt of application will be acknowledged via email. If you have not received an acknowledgment within a few days of sending in your application, please contact Natasha.
- Selection of scholarship recipients will commence before the deadline date, so applicants are encouraged to send their applications in as soon as possible. Space and funding are limited.