- Must attend Bell Multicultural High School at CHEC
- Senior year and college bound
- Grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher
- Attendance: No more than ten days of unexcused absences or tardies between the school year dates of August 29, 2022 and June 23, 2023
- Discipline: Must have no disciplinary referrals whatsoever during their senior year. The Scholarship Committee will contact the Dean of Students and Attendance Counselor to confirm this.
- Personal Essay (2 pages max): How has your background and identity shaped your journey to college? How will you use your education to become a leader in the quest for social justice?
- Academic Transcript
- 1-2 letters of recommendation
- The recommendation(s) can come from a teacher, counselor, internship supervisor, school administrator, employer, or member of the community
- College Acceptance Letter(s)
- Financial Aid Award Letter(s) (if applicable)
Applications will be reviewed on the basis of: grades, conduct, attendance, financial need, personal narrative, letter of recommendation, education and employment history, and community service involvement.
The Gala Scholarship Committee will recommend names and tiers to the School Principal, and the Principal will make all final decisions. The Scholarship Committee will notify all applicants in writing with the outcome of their applications.
Complete applications must be turned in to your counselor no later than Friday, April 28th, 2023 by 4:00 p.m
If you have any questions, please contact Kapindi Kroma at email@example.com or your respective counselor.
Ms. Partelow (A-J): Corinne.Partelow@k12.dc.gov
Dr. Iraheta (K-Z): Evelyn.Iraheta@k12.dc.gov