2023 - 2024 Community Acceleration Projects Timeline
Please keep this information for your records
- DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL(S): Wednesday, May 31, 2023
- Community Acceleration Projects SELECTED: July 7, 2023
- MEETING FOR SELECTED COMMUNITY ACCELERATION PROJECTS
(for selected project representatives)
- (LEAD Brevard will schedule a 1.5-hour meeting either virtually or in-person with selected Community Acceleration Project representatives to discuss expectations, resources and address questions)
- We will send out a doodle poll for availability for the meeting to take place between July 12-14, 2023
- Meeting Location: TBD (virtually or in-person)
- COMMUNITY ACCELERATION PROJECTS PRESENTATIONS (for selected project representatives)
- TUESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2023 FALL COHORT
- TUESDAY, JANUARY 16, 2024 SPRING COHORT
- DURATION OF PROJECT:
- FALL COHORT: AUGUST 2023 - APRIL 2024
- SPRING COHORT: JANUARY 2023 - SEPTEMBER 2024
- Agency provides LEAD Brevard with a monthly progress report summary
- "An Evening of Impact": CAP Presentations (Presentations by Leadership Brevard Class of 2024 Community Acceleration Project Teams)
- FALL COHORT - APRIL 4TH 2024 (EVENING)
- SPRING COHORT - SEPTEMBER 5TH 2024 (EVENING)
- COMMUNITY ACCELERATION PROJECT IMPACT REPORT (agency provides LEAD Brevard with a report of the impact the Community Acceleration Project had on the organization/community)
- Monday, JUNE 2 2025
- (approximately 1 year after the completion of the Community Acceleration Project)
LEAD Brevard seeks project proposals from Brevard County's municipalities and nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) tax status for consideration as a Community Acceleration Project (CAP) for the Leadership Brevard Class of 2024.
** NEW for 2024** As part of the process, there may be projects that are suitable to be led and managed by a team(s) of Leadership Brevard alumni (instead of current class members). If you think your project may suit this option, please indicate that in your narrative; otherwise, the Review Committee may make this recommendation and/or offer that alternative.
Leadership Brevard is entering its 38th year of achieving excellence in leadership in Brevard County by “working together to strengthen our community by inspiring people to lead”.
The program goals of Leadership Brevard are:
- Community Education: gain a greater understanding of Brevard County
- Relationships: build long-term bonds with Leadership Brevard class members
- Network: connect and engage the Leadership Brevard class with the alumni network and community leaders
All class members are required to participate in a Community Acceleration Project. Community Acceleration Projects are a leadership learning experience for the participants and provide a meaningful benefit to the community organization.
Project proposals should be designed with the understanding that the Leadership Brevard class is comprised of talented and professionally accomplished individuals. We seek projects with clearly defined end goals that utilize the skills of 7 - 10 team members, with different skills and experience and that will benefit an established 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency or public sector organization.
What types of projects qualify?
The project(s) may be a community service activity or the development of a proposal addressing a community issue, which is presented to key decision-makers.
To view previous Community Acceleration Projects/Leadership Action Projects visit: http://www.leadbrevard.org/leadership-brevard/community-acceleration-projects/
- The project must fit within the scope of LEAD Brevard’s mission statement - "Working together to strengthen our community by inspiring people to lead" and should be action-oriented with a clear value to the community upon the project’s completion
- The project must have clear and defined outcomes, including an outline of the resources required (materials, money, labor, etc.) necessary for success, a plan for securing these resources, and a mechanism or plan for evaluating the project’s success;
- The project must have an end (a point at which it can be discontinued or transitioned to a permanent program or another entity; LEAD Brevard and/or the Leadership Brevard annual class/Leadership Brevard alumni do not assume project ownership at the end of a project);
- The project should impact a large number of people or affect a group that has a significant need;
- The project must be non-partisan (not support a political group, political candidate, or position);
- Project proposals must identify the opportunities for leadership development (beyond teamwork and community contributions) as an inherent part of any proposed project;
- Project proposals must have the approval of the appropriate governing body and must contribute a by-name staff individual as a direct liaison with the project team. 501(c)(3) nonprofit agencies must also provide the name of at least one Board of Directors’ representative.
- No project may be fundraising in nature; any funds raised to support the project are the sole responsibility of the organization/municipality. Leadership Brevard class members’ program participants may NOT engage in fundraising for the project NOR use the LEAD Brevard, Leadership Brevard affiliation or name in any fundraising. Any funding that may be needed to complete the project is solely the responsibility of the nonprofit or municipality organization
- Projects must be able to be completed within the eight-month time frame (FALL COHORT - AUGUST 2023 - APRIL 2024, SPRING COHORT - JANUARY 2024 - SEPTEMBER 2024) of the leadership program.
LEAD Brevard will evaluate proposals submitted by the deadline; one project or several projects may be selected. Additional project proposal information may be requested at the discretion of LEAD Brevard.
If selected, LEAD Brevard will notify the nonprofit agency or public sector organization with a request to participate in a Community Acceleration Project Presentation on FALL COHORT - Tuesday, August 15, 2023 SPRING COHORT - Tuesday, January 16, 2024 (time and venue TBD) and will take place in-person. It is mandatory that a liaison from any selected agency/organization attend the Placement Fair/reception to answer any questions the group may have, facilitating open communication and clarifying expectations.
If your organization’s project is selected, LEAD Brevard expects you (or a designated staff member) to:
- Attend virtual or in-person meetings with the project team to assist the team in moving from the general project description/goal to more specific project objectives
- Be engaged with the team and available for phone calls and/or meetings and participate in mutual project feedback
- NPO or municipality must assign a by-name staff individual to be a direct liaison with the project team
- Provide LEAD Brevard with a monthly summary report outlining project status and progress
- FALL COHORT - AUGUST 2023 - APRIL 2024.
- SPRING COHORT - JANUARY 2024 - SEPTEMBER 2024
- Upon completion of the CAP project (approximately 1 year later), provide LEAD Brevard with an impact report detailing how the CAP project impacted the organization/community
- Leadership Brevard Class of 2024/Leadership Brevard Alumni team members will present the results of the project(s) as part of a community celebration event the evening at "An Evening Of Impact: CAP Presentations"
- FALL COHORT - APRIL 4TH, 2024
- SPRING COHORT - SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2024
If you have a community project proposal that meets LEAD Brevard’s qualifying criteria, please complete a proposal application no later than 5:00 p.m., WEDNESDAY, MAY 31, 2023.