By signing this document, I attest to:
If elected, I recognize the important responsibility I am undertaking in serving as a Commissioner and/or Director of the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC). I hereby will carry out, in a trustworthy and diligent manner all the duties and obligations inherent in, my role as a Board of Commissioner and/or Division Board Director. I understand that I am accepting a 5 year commitment to serve on a NCHEC Board that involves my attendance at a minimum of one face-to-face meeting each year. I further understand that reasonable travel expenses to attend meetings will be reimbursed by NCHEC. I have notified my employer that I have submitted a nomination for this position.
I acknowledge that my primary role as a Commissioner and/or Director will focus on the development and fulfillment of the organization’s strategic plan, policies, and procedures that are consistent with the direction of the NCHEC’s mission and vision statements while protecting confidentiality, and avoiding conflict of interest.
I will exercise the duties and responsibilities of this appointment with integrity, collegiality, and due care by:
- Maintaining my CHES®/MCHES® certification.
- Attending all meetings of the NCHEC Board to which I am elected, including at least one face-to-face meeting annually.
- Being prepared to contribute to the discussions of issues and business to be addressed at scheduled meetings, having read the agenda and all background support materials relevant to the meeting.
- Completing all assignments within time frames established by the Board.
- Exercising independent judgment on decisions and maintain confidentiality.
- Advocating for credentialing.
- Abiding by the bylaws, policies and procedures of the organization.