TUITION MODIFICATION POLICY
The Nelson Waldorf School strives to adhere to the principle that economic and financial considerations should not determine who can receive a Waldorf education, and to this end NWS will follow these guidelines to ensure this principle.
Tuition Modification arose out of the desire to make the education at the Nelson Waldorf School as accessible as possible within budget resources. Tuition Modification is offered to those families unable to meet Tuition guidelines.
This policy and process will assure clear guidelines to ensure that all applicants have an equal opportunity to receive tuition modification.
● Available to Kindergarten and Grade students’ families.
● Available only on that part of tuition not related to BC Government funding.
● Tuition Modification does not apply to supply fees and registration fees
● Based on an income formula administered by the NWS Administrator.
● All of the required documentation must be provided for application consideration.
● All sources of income must be declared.
● Decisions may be appealed to the Tuition Modification Committee when exceptional circumstances exist
1. Submit application for consideration for tuition modification.
2. Application submission by June 1 for returning families.
3. Application submission at time of student acceptance for new families.
4. All requests for modified tuition will be considered.
5. Families may appeal Tuition modification decisions to the committee if exceptional circumstances need to be considered
The following supporting documentation is required to be provided in order for your
application to be considered:
1. 2022 Tax Assessment
2. 2023 Property Tax Assessment or Rental Agreement
Financial information must be provided by both parents. If this is not possible please explain in the provided space.
Additional Information may be requested by the Tuition Modification Committee