MC3 2023: Mattering & Belonging
The Monroe County Childhood Conditions Summit (MC3) provides a space annually for youth workers, parents, community members, and youth in Monroe County to come together, share skills, dive into their most pressing topics, and offer mutual support. It's a space for shared learning, relationship building, and moving into community action.
This year we're digging into the theme of Mattering & Belonging! Join us to explore questions including: What does mattering & belonging mean to youth in Monroe County? How do we build belonging by bridging across identities and experiences, rather than “othering”? How do mattering & belonging impact youth and youth workers’ mental health? How do racial, gender, and economic equity intersect with belonging & mattering? What actionable strategies can our organizations use to build a sense of mattering & belonging with youth in our community?
MC3 is co-hosted by the Youth Services Bureau of Monroe County and Building A Thriving Compassionate Community. For information on past Summits, click here.
MC3 Session Information
- MC3 is on Wednesday, November 1st, 2023.
- All sessions will be 60 minutes in length.
- All sessions should connect with the theme of Mattering & Belonging.
- Community members & organizations voiced a desire for MC3 sessions that:
- Offer space to connect and build trust with one another,
- Share strategies and tools to implement within their own organizations, or
- Provide information about new projects and programs
- Sessions that focus on supporting marginalized youth & communities will be given priority (i.e. youth experiencing poverty, youth of color, LGBTQ+ youth).
- Sessions led by presenters who live in or have a deep connection to Monroe County will be prioritized.
- MC3 is committed to highlighting local knowledge from impacted communities. We strongly encourage submissions from BIPOC community members, youth, grassroots agency workers, low-income community members, LGBTQAI+ individuals, individuals with disabilities, and neurodivergent community members. The MC3 Planning Team commits to offering any logistical, financial, or accessibility support needed to the best of our ability.
- Looking for ideas? We encourage you to consider this list of requests that came up during community listening sessions! Don't be constrained by this list, but please do consider submitting a proposal if any of the ideas are up your alley!
Submit your proposal by Monday, July 25th. The MC3 Planning Team will review the submissions and contact you by August 18th. Have questions, need more information before submitting, or concerned you won't be able to submit by the deadline? Contact the MC3 Planning Team at at firstname.lastname@example.org.