For your Krewe to be eligible, you must reserve a one table (ten tickets). Tables will be judged on the following: (1) Planning and Prep, (2) Organization & Neatness, (3) Theme Reflection, (4) Centerpiece, (5) Rules, (6) Decoration Type. Originality, creativity of table decorations, presentation and use of materials will also be considered. All entry forms received after Thursday, May 25 will not be considered for prize selection.
There are three ways you may decorate your table:
(1) Portraying your Krewe's overall theme: For example, Hip Huggers decorating to a 60s/Groovy theme or Krewe of Lafitte decorating to a Pirate theme
(2) Portraying your Krewe's YEARLY theme, if your krewe changes themes on a yearly basis: For example, Krewe of Warriors decoraing to their 2023 theme of Harry Potter
(3) Portraying the OVERALL Krewe Ball Theme: 80's REWIND
*If you include the overall Krewe Ball theme (80's REWIND) in some capacity, no matter your decor type selection from above, you will recieve additional points.
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Each Krewe will be judged on the overall presentation.
- ONLY FLAMELESS CANDLES ARE PERMITTED!
- Absolutely NO SAND; glitter is permitted but highly discouraged.
- Only blue marking tape is allowed on the floor.
- NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL IS PERMITTED!
- No electrical cords. Any mechanical devices must be battery operated.
- No stereos or other sound equipment.
- Please ensure your decorations are affixed to the top of the table(s) and will not fall over.
- Decorations that extend past the width of the table OR impede the walkway will NOT be considered
- Any decorations that are deemed inappropriate or insensitive will be disqualified and removed prior to the event.
- NO WEAPONS ALLOWED. If weapons are a part of your table theme, they must be OBVIOUSLY fake and cannot be removed from your table at anytime during the evening. If a fake weapon is a part of your decor, it must be SECURED to your table for the entire evening.
- Table Decoration is judged in the following categories: Planning/Prep, Organization/Neatness, Theme Reflection, Centerpiece, Rules & Decoration Type
- Decorations cannot exceed 4.5ft in height
- TABLE DECORATION TYPE - ADDITIONAL INFO: If it is apparent that your decoration is 100% DIY, you will receive the full 5pts on the score sheet. If it is apparent your decorations are partially homemade and partially rented, you will receive between 2-4pts on the score sheet. If it is apparent that you rented/contracted out your entire table decoration, you will receive 1pt for this category.