The CCSS Youth Centre is offered by the Cumberland Community Schools Society in partnership with Cumberland Community School (CCS) and School District No. 71.
Code of Conduct:
Youth are expected to be kind towards each other, to respect the space and to follow the direction of CCSS Staff.
- Inclusion: The Youth Centre is committed to the values of diversity and inclusion. We welcome the spectrum of human diversity including race, gender, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and religion. Youth share the responsibility of creating a safe and welcoming space.
- Safety: Youth must treat others with respect in regards to physical contact and personal space.
- Language: Youth must use appropriate and respectful language while attending the Youth Centre
- Screens: Computers should be used in a respectful manner. Inappropriate content (eg. pornography, gambling, hateful content) can not be shared on the Youth Centre computers or your personal screens.
- Smoking Policy: The CCSS Youth Centre and Cumberland Community School grounds are a non-smoking area. Youth who choose to smoke must do so off School District property.
- Drug and Alcohol Use: Alcohol, drugs, or being under the influence will not be tolerated in the Youth Centre, on the surrounding grounds, or while involved in programs or events connected to the CCSS Youth Centre.
Youth will be asked to leave the Youth Centre if they are unable to follow this Code of Conduct. If their behaviour is ongoing, youth will be asked to take a break from attending the Youth Centre.