Description and Disclaimers
An overview of this Enhancement can be found on the Igloo Help Center.
Code will be placed in the Digital Workplace to enable the ability to have a persistent banner message across the top of your Digital Workplace, just below the userbar.
Keep in mind the following when using the Banner Message Enhancement:
- There are two methods of deploying the banner:
- If adding the banner text in the header:
- Text will not be translated if a user changes the language.
- The banner will be visible to all members of the Digital Workplace.
- If using the forum for the banner text:
- The banner will only be visible to users with at least read access to the source forum channel. Anyone without read access to the channel will not see the banner.
- The enhancement shows content from the last modified post in the forum channel (not the newest post), unless it is archived.
- The banner displays on every page and cannot be hidden without additional customization.
- Everything in the forum post’s body will be displayed in a banner, meaning longer post will take up more space at the top of the page.
- If the forum channel has no posts in it, the banner will not display.
- Keep the banner message short, as long messages here could be overwhelming
- In the Mobile App, the banner will only appear on the web tab.
- Instructions to add, update or remove the banner message will be provided on the Styles page.
- Instructions on how to style this Enhancement will also be included on the Styles page.