Welcome to the Submission for the 2023 Sustainability Award
THE SUSTAINABILITY AWARD will be presented to a Canadian designer or brand that has made a significant impact towards sustainability within the Canadian and/or international community
Submission Requirements & Criteria
- The Brand's/Designer's business can be based within or outside of Canada
- The Brand/Designer must be Canadian
- The collection maintains a high fashion standard while being sustainable - Sustainability and Fashion should not be mutually exclusive
- The brands/designer should use their voice to push the industry toward a more sustainable future.
- Brands/designers must be able to demonstrate how their businesses have had a positive social or environmental impact and brought awareness to a cause either in Canada or abroad
- Designer engages in working with responsible partners:
- Sourcing & manufacturing
- Any new technologies or innovations being used
- Designer considers & works toward positive impact within their community i.e community involvement with charities/organizations, special activitsm etc
A PDF including the following information:
- A history and description of the brand and how it is having a positive social or environmental impact. What is your mission? How is it pushing the industry towards a more sustainable future.
- What makes this brand stand out as unique?
- Visual supporting materials (i.e. press received, involvement in any special collaborations, images of campaign, visuals representing the work being done, any stats, or any other visuals that best represents the brand.
To begin the entry process, you must first agree to the Rules & Regulations below.
Rules & Regulations
- CAFA reserves the right to suspend, modify, terminate or cancel the competition at any time
- Submissions that do not meet the entry criteria and submission requirements will be disqualified
- All entrants must be 18 years of age or older as of August 1,2023
- This competition is not open to employees or immediate family members of CAFA Directors, staff, Ambassadors, Nomination Committee members or official jurors
- Members of the 2023 CAFA Nominating Committee will review all of the applicants and then select the finalists
- Members of the 2023 CAFA Jury will select the winner
- The decisions of the Jury are final
Intellectual Property/Priority Rights/Rights of Publication
By entering the competition, the entrant: (i) agrees that CAFA will have the right to use and/or publish for any purpose, without compensation, the submitted design, as it relates to promoting CAFA and all the activities that surround it (ii) certifies and warrants that the submitted work is the entrant’s own original work and that the work, including its eventual publication by CAFA, does not and will not infringe any right of any third party, including intellectual property rights and rights of privacy and (iii) agrees that CAFA may use either during or at any time following the Awards, but in relation to the Awards, the name and photograph of the entrant without restriction or compensation.
Please be advised that your information will not be saved on this form until it is submitted. If you do not plan on completing this form at once, we advise that you save your answers on a back-up document to avoid the frustration of having to start over in the case of an accidental refresh.