Welcome to the Submission for the 2023 CAFA Image Maker of the Year Award
THE IMAGE MAKER OF THE YEAR is to be presented to an outstanding Canadian fashion photographer or filmmaker who has made a significant impact within the fashion industry.
Submission Requirements & Criteria
- Image Maker can be based outside of Canada but must be Canadian
- Image Maker has a versatile and large body of work
A PDF including the following information:
- Biography that includes career history and what are you doing differently that makes you unique? Describe your achievements in 2022 that led to career growth
- Provide examples of notable campaigns (written)
- 6 separate images or film clips from 2022 that best reflect versatility, scope and range of work
- Provide key coverage, national or international, highlighting you and your work
To begin the entry process, you must first agree to the Rules & Regulations below.
- CAFA reserves the right to suspend, modify, terminate or cancel the competition at any time
- Submissions that do not meet the entry criteria and submission requirements will be disqualified
- All entrants must be 18 years of age or older as of August 1, 2023
- This competition is not open to employees or immediate family members of CAFA Directors, staff, Ambassadors, Nomination Committee members or official jurors
- Members of the 2023 CAFA Nominating Committee will review all of the applicants and then select the finalists
- Members of the 2023 CAFA Jury will select the winner
- The decisions of the Jury are final
Intellectual Property/Priority Rights/Rights of Publication
By entering the competition, the entrant: (i) agrees that CAFA will have the right to use and/or publish for any purpose, without compensation, the submitted design, as it relates to promoting CAFA and all the activities that surround it (ii) certifies and warrants that the submitted work is the entrant’s own original work and that the work, including its eventual publication by CAFA, does not and will not infringe any right of any third party, including intellectual property rights and rights of privacy and (iii) agrees that CAFA may use either during or at any time following the Awards, but in relation to the Awards, the name and photograph of the entrant without restriction or compensation.
Please be advised that your information will not be saved on this form until it is submitted. If you do not plan on completing this form at once, we advise that you save your answers on a back-up document to avoid the frustration of having to start over in the case of an accidental refresh.