Announcing the Call For Nominations for NYSID’s recognition program for individuals working on NYSID contracts. Since 2004, this program has touched the lives of nearly 1,000 individuals.
All nominees are awarded a $500 prize and designated a “NYSID Outstanding Performer” with a certificate of recognition, and are profiled in NYSID's 2023 award yearbook and other media.
Nominate an individual working on NYSID contracts today and join in showcasing how rewarding employment and a steady paycheck empower individuals of all abilities!
Deadline to nominate: Wednesday, June 14, 2023!
- Nominee must be employed on a NYSID contract for products or services by a contract-holding Member Agency/Corporate Partner in good standing.
- Nominee must have worked consistently from June 30, 2022-June 1, 2023.
- A prior awardee is eligible to be re-nominated after five years.
- One nominee per agency.
How to Nominate:
- Fill in the Nomination and Interview Form below.
- Upload a photo of the nominee in a classic “yearbook” pose (Jpeg or Tif file preferred).
- Upload a descriptive narrative in Word format (at least 400 words) of the individual’s pathway to employment: how working on NYSID contracts has impacted them and how earning a paycheck has improved their life. Include:
a. Work ethic, willingness to learn new skills and assume more responsibility, positive relationships with team members, supervisors and/or customers
b. Notable examples of improvements in behavior, productivity and personal growth
c. Nominee’s community involvement, home life and other compelling details
- Upload letter(s) of commendation from a supervisor, family member/guardian, or additional agency personnel.
- Submit a 2-3 minute video of your nominee describing their job and how it feels to be recognized.
All 2023 Nominees Are Eligible To Be Honored at NYSID’s Annual Meeting on Wednesday, October 18, 2023 in Schenectady, NY:
- Outstanding Performer nominations are reviewed by a selection committee of NYSID staff and professional associates.
- Nominations must contain all Required Documents listed above to be considered.
- Final selection will honor one individual on a services contract and one individual in a production setting.
- These individuals will receive an additional $1,000 cash prize and commemorative plaque at the Annual Meeting. Each will be the subject of a video profile shown during the award presentation. Award winners and an immediate family member will be guests of NYSID at this event.
2023 Program Dates:
Completed nominations due by Wednesday, June 14.
Final winners selected in August.
Nominees receive an Outstanding Performer certificate and $500 cash award in October 2023.
Final winners attend NYSID’s Annual Meeting & Awards Presentation on Wednesday, October 18 at Rivers Casino & Conference Center, Schenectady, NY.