We’re happy to welcome Doug Dawson as our awards judge and look forward to seeing your beautiful paintings. We’ll be arranging transportation for Front Range paintings to be brought over to the Western Slope, and returned at the end of the show. Deadline for entries is July 20, 2023, so gather some of your best work – or let your inspiration run wild and paint something new. This is not a juried show, so it’s a great time to be daring and bold! So..….ready, set, PAINT!
ENTRY FEE: Up to two (2) paintings may be submitted at a fee of $36.00. The entry fee is non-refundable and paid at the time of entry.
AWARDS: $750+ in cash awards. All awards are made at the discretion of our judge. All awards will be final. There will be two sections of awards – based on the members’ status as either an Associate Member or a Signature/Master Signature Member. Additionally, there will be one award for the best painting submitted by a new PSC member (new membership within the last 2 years, July 2021-July 2023, with no lapse in membership and submitting for the first time to a PSC show). There will be only one Best of Show award, which will consider all show entries judged together.
- Endless Inspiration Member Show is open to any pastel artist who is a current Member of PSC.
- Work must be original and from your own reference, not copied from other artists or published materials.
- Any reference provided by an instructor is not eligible, including an instructor-provided photo, still life setup or model setup.
- All artwork must be originally drawn/painted and not created over the top of any type of photographic image or print.
- If used in your paintings, collage materials must be created by the artist.
- Artwork’s final surface must be predominantly (80%) traditional dry pastel. If other mediums are used, e.g., watercolor, no more than 20% of it is showing. This applies to the artwork image itself, i.e., the entire substrate does not need to be covered.
- Works must be in dry pastel. No oil pastels. Mixed media must be predominantly dry pastel.
- Work done under supervision in a class or workshop is not eligible.
- Paintings must have been completed within the last two years and not previously shown in any Pastel Society of Colorado exhibitions. Any painting identified as shown previously in a PSC exhibition will be rejected OR, if discovered after judging, will remain in the exhibition but not be eligible for any awards. The artist will also be prohibited from entering future PSC sponsored shows for one year.
- If artwork submitted into the show is not delivered, then the artist will be prohibited from entering future PSC sponsored shows for one year.
- Artwork must not exceed 42 inches on the longest side (including frame). Please Note: If there are more artworks submitted than the gallery space can accommodate, we will only accept one artwork from each artist.
- Entry to Endless Inspiration gives PSC permission to use the images for reference, printed materials, and online postings, as well as future advertising.
- When filling out your submission information, please be sure that all information is correct – including spelling, title, and pricing of your paintings. No changes to this information will be accepted after the due date deadline.
FILL OUT THIS REGISTRATION FORM. This form is considered a contract and must be completed and accurately filled out with all requested information regarding the paintings and the artist. When filling out your submission information, please be sure all information is correct-including spelling, title and pricing of your paintings. No changes to this information will be accepted after submitting this form.
PREPARE YOUR IMAGES. The images must be formatted according to the following specifications:
- File Format: jpg or jpeg only
- FILE DIMENSIONS; The image should be 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi, RGB color space.
- Name the jpg file: The file must be labeled with EI. (as in Endless Inspiration), followed by the first four (4) letters of your last name, the first four (4) letters of your first name and the entry number (i.e., Henry Jones 1st entry - the image file would be EI.JONEHENR1.jpg, the 2nd entry would be EI.JONEHENR2.jpg).
- BROWSE to find your images to attach to the form
- ENTER YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION. (Pay with Debit or Credit card or a PayPal Account)
Co-Chairs Contact Info:
Susie Roehm, Co-Chair, 970-778-8044, email@example.com
Deb Mallory, Co-Chair, 970-245-6168, firstname.lastname@example.org