A Message From: JAM Basketball
In order to address the increasing incidents of violence, it is imperative that we consistently demonstrate good sportsmanship. By fostering the attitudes necessary for responsible behavior, our society is more likely to choose appropriate conduct not only in athletics but also in all areas of life. Please assist JAM in maintaining an environment where players may learn and develop by adhering to the following 10 guidelines, expectations, and consequences:
1. Any player, coach, parent, or enthusiast involved in physical altercations will be dismissed from that game and suspended for one additional game.
2. If a player previously suspended is involved in a succeeding altercation, they will be removed from the league for the entirety of the season.
3. Any person asked to exit the gym by a referee or JAM official is obliged to leave within a reasonable amount of time and without incident to prevent the entire team from being penalized.
4. Behaviors like ridiculing athletes, setting unrealistic expectations, and disrespecting officials are strictly prohibited.
5. Remember that young people engage in sports for their own enjoyment, not to entertain you.
6. Respect the officials' decisions and motivate all participants to do the same.
7. Show respect and appreciation for coaches while understanding that they have volunteered their time to provide athletic opportunities for young people.
8. Motivate athletes and coaches to follow the rules and settle disputes without resorting to aggressiveness or violence.
9. Show respect for the opposing teams and recognize that the game could not exist without them.
10. Refrain from using foul language and harassing athletes, coaches, officials, or other viewers.