ELIGIBILITY: This program supports community organizations, youth organizations, faith-based organizations, municipal “adopt-a-lot” programs, garden clubs, green teams, and energetic community members looking to spearhead a public greening project located in Passaic County.
Applications are due August 10th, 2023, at 11.59 pm EST
ALL PROJECTS MUST:
- Have a minimum of 2 adults committed to the project
- Be highly visible to the public and provide an identifiable positive impact to the neighborhood
- Have workable soil on-site, at least 6 hours of sun exposure, and access to water (water access applies to Tree and Perennial grants only)
- Have county staff or volunteers to install the plantings.
- Be completed before November 30th, 2023
- Provide before, during, and after photos of the project
- Use appropriate hashtags when posting on social media and distribute a press release about the grant and planting day (hashtags and press release template provided by City Green).
- Project must be completed by November 30th, 2023
GRANT AWARDS AVAILABLE
- Daffodil bulbs in amounts of 1,000, 3,000 or 5,000 bulbs
- Native Eastern Redbud Trees in amounts of 3, 5 or 10 trees
- Dig In! Native, Perennial Package. Select $250 value with 30 plants or $500 value with 60 plants. Please specify in application.
- Plant species include rudbekia, echinacea, aster,panicum virgatum, culvers root and more.
- Full sun, part sun / shade, and wet site packages available. Please specify in application.