Workplace Supervisor Declaration:
I, the undersigned, have reviewed my NSW Trainees theory work and practical skills and as a result, believe that this student can demonstrate the skills and knowledge specified throughout the above-mentioned unit, and understand that for them to be assessed as competent, there must be sufficient evidence that the student has:
- Absorbed the knowledge.
- Developed the skills.
- Can combine the knowledge and skills to demonstrate:
- Their ability to perform relevant tasks in a variety of workplace situations, or accurately simulated workplace situations.
- Consistency in performance and a consistent ability to demonstrate skills when performing tasks.
- An understanding of what they are doing, and why, when performing tasks.
- An ability to integrate performance with understanding, to show they are able to adapt to different contexts and environments.
The student must:
- Be assessed against all of the tasks identified in the elements of the unit; and
- Demonstrate they are capable of performing these tasks to an acceptable level.
As the employer representative (or workplace supervisor) of a NSW Trainee, I can confirm the trainee’s competence against the unit this confirmation relates to, and I understand that this will be used as evidence of my employer confirmation of competencies signature as per Part 2 of the NSW Full Training Plan.
I understand that in recognition of the RTO and employers’ collaborative approach to the training and achievement of competency, the trainee cannot be deemed competent until the confirmation of competence has been provided.