River Road Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender or disability in providing education services, activities, and programs, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Educational Amedment of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
1. Each River Road ISD campus administrator will verify all grades, attendance and disciplinary records and the Superintendent will have the discretion to accept or reject a transfer.
2. All transfer paperwork must be submitted to each campus principal's office with all requested information completed. Incomplete paperwork will be returned and could cause your transfer request to not be considered.
3. River Road ISD is not required to provide transportation for transfer students.
4. The student(s) chosen for valedictorian and/or salutatorian must be enrolled at River Road High School for four consecutive semesters prior to graduation. (Board Policy EIC (LOCAL)).
5. Former transfer students will be given priority with all transfers on a first applied, first accepted basis.
6. In approving transfer requests, the Superintendent or his designee shall consider availability of space and instructional staff, as well as the student's disciplinary history, grades, and attendance records.
7. All students transferring to RRISD must comply with board policy, academic and/or athletic UIL regulations, and mandates pertaining to participation in extracurricular events. Contact your school principal or Athletic Director for details.
8. Acceptance or rejection of a student transfer shall not be made with regard to race, religion, color, sex, disability, national origin or ancestral language.