ISI Albuquerque Welcomes You!
International Students Inc. (ISI) of Albuquerque is a national Christian service organization made up of trained, culturally-sensitive, volunteers, eager for cultural exchange. We accept volunteers of all religious beliefs, however most of our volunteers self-identify as Christians. International students of all religions & beliefs are welcome to participate in any of our programs. Our desire is to build genuine friendships between local residents and International students.
ISI offers international students and scholars free airport pickup and temporary home-stay service when they first arrive in Albuquerque. However, in order to make the necessary arrangemetns, we need to receive the completed "Request for Services Form" at least one week, before the expected arrival date. If the form is received less then one week before arrival, we will do our best to help you, but it depends on how many other requests we have pending. All of our services are free and offerd by volunteers and are dependent upon thier availability.
Please do not complete this form until you have your travel arrangements finalized. If you are only requesting apartment finding information you can complete the form before your travel arrangements are finalized.
All of our services are free.
What does this ‘Welcome service’ consist of?
1) Pickup from the Albuquerque International Airport, "SunPort" or Bus/Train Station.
2) Stay of up to 5 nights with an American family.
3) Breakfast and Dinner with the host family during the home stay.
4) Transportation to and from the University of New Mexico (UNM) campus during your home stay.
How do you sign-up?
1. If you are only requesting apartment finding assistance, you may complete the form before your travel arrangements are completed.
2. If you are requesting airport pickup and/or a temporary homestay, after your travel arrangements are completed, fill out the online request form below and submit it. Each student must fill out their own request form even if you are traveling with others.
We must receive your request form at least one week before your arrival in Albuquerque in order to provide Airport Pickup and Temporary Homestay services for you. If we receive your request less than 1 week, we can often help you, but it's more difficult and not always possible. If your request is delayed because of visa problems, go ahead and submit a request form and we will do what we can to assist you. Please submit your request as soon as your travel plans are finalized so we can begin working on it.
3. You will receive a confirmation from email@example.com when your request form is received. You will immediately receive an automatic thank you and then a followup email with more information within 48 hours .
4. You should receive an e-mail from your "American Host" at least 2 days before your arrival date. Be sure and regularly check your email and your spam folder. If you have not received a an email from your assigned host, and your departure is within 48 hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org It is also important that YOU REPLY to your host's email letting them know that you received it.
Unexpected Delays or Missed Connecting Flights?
Please call your "American Host" and/or ISI (505) 238-6064 (voice or text) immediately to let them know the situation. Then, if necessary, call again as soon as you are given your new flight schedule.
Arrival at Albuquerque's Airport:
1) When you arrive at the Baggage Claim, look for a person holding up a sign with your name on it. This will identify your American Host.
2) If you have not located your American Host within 30 minutes you can contact ISI at 505-238-6064 (voice or text) If your flight arrives early, please wait at the Baggage Claim area at least 30 minutes after the scheduled arrival time.