WHAT IS READY SET LEARN: A 6-week group program (12 classes) led by Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapists to help develop and enhance children’s attention, social skills, self-care, language development and the endurance needed, for participation in more structured activities and instructional environments.
PURPOSE: To develop skills that will help children to be Ready for direction, Set for success and able to LEARN to their fullest potential.
WHEN: Tuesdays and Thursdays, May 23rd – June 29th from 11am-12:30pm
WHERE: Premier Pediatric Therapy Source clinic location
6715 Little River Turnpike, Ste 200 Annandale, VA 22003
COST: $1200.00/Early Bird Special - 20% off through May 15th ($960.00)
PARTICIPANT CRITERIA: Ready Set LEARN is designed for children 3-4 years of age who are slow to warm up to people, new experiences or environments and/or have had limited exposure to participating in structured group activities. Children appropriate for this class should display no self-injurious behaviors or aggressive behaviors to others such as hitting, kicking, biting, spitting or scratching.
*If you have questions regarding your child’s appropriateness for this program, we are happy to speak with you to help make that determination.
- Participate in a structured movement and language enrichment activity
- Increase their familiarity with routines to support transitions between structured and unstructured tasks
- Receive exposure and enrichment to basic concepts targeted and necessary for school-age learning such as body awareness, joint attention, instruction sequencing, emotional regulation, and basic life/self-care skills
- Feel more confident implementing a structured activity
- Be more confident/comfortable in their child’s ability to participate in a novel, adult-facilitated program
- Learn therapeutic techniques to support their child’s participation and acquisition of skills
WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable clothes and supportive footwear
- A positive attitude and readiness for fun and learning!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Parking: You may park on side parking lot or back of the building at Premier Pediatric Therapy Source
- All classes build upon skills learned in previous classes. If you need to miss a class for any reason, we will do our best to work with you so that you and your child are prepared for the next class.
- Parents/Accompanying adults are expected to remain on site for the full duration of each class
- A parent discussion group is included and will be held once a week, led by a Licensed Therapist, while your child is participating in the group class. The purpose of this group will be to discuss what’s being learned in the program, developmental areas across childhood, share experiences as parents as well as get questions answered for supporting your child’s readiness for more structured activities and environments
- We strongly encourage your child use the restroom before each class however, should your child need to use the restroom during the Ready Set LEARN, you will be expected to take them