Side effects and complications:
- Side effects are mild in nature, and the duration is short lasting
seven days or less.
- The most common side effect includes, but are not limited to temporary injection site reactions such as:
- redness/pain, tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, infection, and discoloration.
- In the first 24 hours after injection, you should avoid strenuous exercise, extensive sun or heat exposure, and alcoholic beverages.
- Exposure to any of the above may cause temporary redness, swelling, and or itching at the injection site.
- Be sure to report any redness and/or visible swelling that lasts for more than a few days, or any other unexpected symptoms or concerns.