DaCo: Dance Collaboration Lab is an educational and performance-oriented program developed by Angela Blumberg Dance (ABD). The program supports choreographic practices by providing emerging choreographers with resources and tools to deepen their research.
- DaCo 2023 is all about dance-music collaborations! We encourage choreographers to work with existing (recorded) music by Canadian composers.
- Choreographers must have a professional background in dance.
- We are looking for emerging choreographers who have up to 4 years of professional experience
- Choreographers must attend in-person
- Applicants must be available for the entire time of the residency.
- Choreographers must participate in the work-in-progress showing at the end of the residency sharing their research
What we offer
- DaCo will invite three choreographers to be part of a 2-week choreographic residency in Toronto from August 19 – September 2, 2023
- The residency includes 2-3 hours of rehearsal per day per invited choreographer.
- An opportunity to work with up to three professional dancers to conduct choreographic research
- Artistic mentorship and choreographic workshops with Peggy Baker, Angela Blumberg and David Norsworthy
- A work-in-progress showing at the end of the residency
- Video footage of the works-in-progress
- An honorarium of $800 per invited choreographer
DaCo will take place in Toronto from August 19 – September 2, 2023
Submit your application by June 15, 2023
Notification of successful applicants: July 2, 2023
August 18, 19 & 20: WORKSHOPS
August 21 – September 1: 2-3 hours of rehearsal /day
September 2: work-in-progress showing