OUTDOOR SCULPTURE | June – NOVEMBER 2023
The Patchogue Arts Council is pleased to announce it is accepting submissions from sculptors to exhibit an outdoor sculpture in Patchogue Village during the summer of 2023. Sculptures will be installed in the Patchogue Garden Club Community Garden from June – November 2023 as a component of PAC’s festival season. Sculptures will remain installed through the end of November in coordination with the organization’s PAC P.O.V. 2023 festival season.
Boundless horizons formed from infinite centers
Every person has a unique set of life experiences affecting the way they look at the world. Some take their experiences and turn them
into unique expressions that we call art. Art, then, is a unique expression from a distinct point of view. These works of art are given
to a world of individual viewers whose interpretations are based on their unique experiences. A myriad of artworks and an infinite number of interpretations.
For 2023 PAC-MoCA L.I. will explore through events, open calls, and
curated exhibitions the infinite possibilities of what art can be.
Multiple sculptures will be installed in the Patchogue Garden Club Community Garden, and sculptors are encouraged to submit existing works or new works for consideration. Artists will be awarded a stipend for works that are selected. The Visual Arts Committee of the Patchogue Arts Council will review all submissions. All artwork will be on view outside, in public spaces, and must abide by safety protocol and procedures. All work must be constructed from materials that can withstand all types of weather, be appropriate for public spaces and impervious to interaction with the public.
REQUIREMENTS & RESTRICTIONS
· Collaborations are permitted, but stipends are per sculpture, not per artist.
· Submission of work indicates that the artist has an understanding that PAC assumes no responsibility for any damage or loss; in addition, artists will be required to sign a waiver.
· Submissions must include images for existing work or proposal plans for new work.
Submissions due BY June 1, 2023
Artists will be notified through email no later than June 5, 2023.
EMAIL SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES
· Please submit 2 images total of each sculpture. (10 images max)
· All files should be labeled with your name and title of work. Ex: Yourname_titleofwork.jpg
· If submitting a new work, include in your design plan’s dimensions, a materials list, a detailed budget, 2 preparatory drawings, and a list of detailed installation instructions.
· If submitting an existing work, please include 2 images of the work along with the dimensions and detailed installation instructions.
· Include image details including title, medium, size, & date.
· All artists must include the following: CV/resume, bio, or an artist statement.
· Submissions that do not follow ALL of the above guidelines will not be considered.
· Only submissions sent by June1, 2023 11:59PM, will be considered.
· Stipends range from $250 – $1000.