11. The following is a race scenario, using the answers of this test and other resources, write a report on the race below; describe in your words the events that should be addressed and the outcome of the race. In your report, address the following questions:
* What should be the restart lineup?
* What penalties, if any, should be assessed?
* Should there be a restart and why?
* Should the Risk Manager complete a report?
* Before the race can be complete, how many laps must be run to finish the race after the restart?
* Who won the race?
* Can this race be considered a North American Championship or National Event?
There is a yellow, red, blue, green and white boat field; this will be a 10 lap race, only five boats are legal to participate. The boats have been called to the dock for line-up, the white boat never got off the trailer, all other boats made the dock call. The yellow, red, blue and green boats are present at the one-minute gun, the flag goes up, the yellow boat jumps the start but all other boats leave the dock on the start flag, there is no safety issue so the race continues.
On the 5th lap, the red boat is overtaking the blue boat on the outside, the boats make contact and both spin out, the race is stopped, the blue boat goes to the shoreline to tape holes in the deck, the green boat pulls out on the trailer to change a prop. The boats are called to the dock for the restart, now the white boat is ready to take his position on the start dock; the blue boat is two minutes late to take his place on the dock, but made it to his position on the dock before the one-minute gun; all boats are lined up and started, the race continued for two laps before the race is called for weather. After the restart, no boats changed positions.