Watkins Glen Area Visitor Center Experience Guide
Watkins Glen Area Chamber is seeking part-time year-round and seasonal (April-October) Experience Guides to join our team. If you are passionate about Watkins Glen, Schuyler County, and the Finger Lakes region this may be the position for you! We seek someone knowledgeable in our local attractions, places to hike and see waterfalls, local wineries, and breweries, restaurants, places to stay, and overall fun and things to do around the area! Along with a good handle on the area, we are looking for a warm, friendly, authentic, and personable candidate.
A successful applicant will work between our two visitor centers, being the front line to assist and guide visitors to local attractions, lodging, restaurants, and experiences. Our visitor centers are located at Watkins Glen State Park - 1009 N. Franklin St. and 214 N. Franklin St. in Watkins Glen.
Visitors to both centers come from all over the world and seek assistance from knowledgeable, friendly, and personable people. Successful candidates will join a dynamic, friendly, collaborative team focused on exceeding visitors’ expectations. Hours and days of the week will vary but candidates must be available weekdays, weekends, occasional evenings, and some summer and fall holidays.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Meeting and greeting visitors to the area from all over the country and world.
• Interact with visitors and assist with travel needs and plans.
• Answering the visitor center’s phone, taking messages, and transferring calls.
• Light office duties including but not limited to mailing and fulfillment processing.
• Organizing and maintaining brochures and displays within the visitor centers.
• Navigating the internet to assist with visitors’ needs.
• Light cleaning duties including but not limited to floor sweeping and sanitizing.
• Support Chamber staff with ongoing projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• High level of knowledge of Watkins Glen and Schuyler County.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Must be able to answer the phone and use a multi-line phone system.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and be able to multi-task.
• Ability to work independently.
• Availability to work with a flexible schedule.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office is desired.
• Proficiency in navigating the internet is desired.