Thank you for your interest in City District's Art Box Program.
We are excited about the opportunity to showcase our local artists and bring color and creativity into our community.
Please read the following information about our project, then complete the form.
Please have photo/video samples of your artwork or a link to your portfolio available to include in this form.
Artists who are selected for this project will receive a stipend of $400.
Paint and supplies will be provided for you. Artists will be asked to choose their supplies and paint colors from a vendor selected by City District.
Artists who are chosen for the project will be contacted within 3 weeks.
About the project
City District is part of the Orlando Main Streets program. Our boundaries incorporate Downtown Orlando's Entertainment Area, Art District, Central Business District, and Commercial District.
Traffic box art can be seen throughout the City of Orlando Commercial Districts. This is the first time the program has been made available to City District. Artists selected for this project will be the first to paint on traffic boxes in our district.
City District has chosen 13 traffic box locations in high visibility areas. Artists may select their preferred location later on in this form. For a map of the locations click here.
Art Box Theme
The Art Boxes will incorporate a theme of past, present, and future. Where we've been, who we are now, and where we are going is what makes our community so special.
If you are chosen for this project you will be asked to submit a sketch of your concept prior to painting on the traffic box. Your design should incorporate this theme.
You may also be asked to incorporate ideas and colors into your design from community members.
Guidelines and Requirments
The following submission guidelines & requirements may apply:
- Artists must sign a VARA Waiver on the piece.
- Artists will receive a stipend of $400. Paint and supplies will be provided.
- The traffic box can only be designed with paint. Designs can contain a maximum of 5% text. Keep in mind, small elements or text will be hard to see on the traffic box.
- Artists selected for this project will be asked to follow a theme of past, present, and future.
- Artists may be asked to work with community members to incorporate ideas, colors, or concepts into their designs.