The 2023 LAPCAE Conference will be a fully in-person event at L'auberge Casino and Resort in Lake Charles, LA on November 5, 2023 - November 7, 2023.
Workshop Format and Proposal Process
Workshops are 30-minutes or one hour in length. Participants sit in theater or classroom type seating. The presenter(s) tend to use PowerPoint or some type of media presentation. Each workshop room will have a laptop, projector, and screen.
Types of Sessions:
- 30 minute instruction-based session where presenters can quickly and easily share a successful lesson plan or classroom project. This type of session should be designed for transfer-ability and immediate-use by audience members.
- 1 hour thematic sessions where presenters can go more in-depth along one of our strands
- Impactful Instruction: Numeracy, Reading, ABE/ASE, and High School Equivalency (HSE)
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Digital Literacy / Distance Learning
- Equity & Social Justice
- Transition: Pathways, Workforce, and IET
- Student Services
LAPCAE 2023 Conference Strand Descriptions
If you truly feel that your proposal doesn't fit any of these categories, please select the most relevant strand to your presentation.
A separate submission form must be submitted for each presentation.
Criteria for Proposal Selection
- Consistency with one of the conference strands or theme of the conference
- How the workshop reflects new ideas, innovations, or important issues that impact adult education
- Strategies used to engage the audience engagement and allow for audience participation or interaction
- Clearly identified learning outcomes and clarity in purpose and content
- Value of the session to the audience and profession
Deadline for Proposal Submission: Friday, September 15, 2023 11:59pm CST
Presenter Notification: Notified of proposal status by September 22, 2023
Conference Dates: Sunday, November 5, 2023 - Tuesday, November 7, 2023
All presenters of accepted proposals will be expected to register for the on-site conference. If you have questions about your proposal, please reach out to LAPCAE at email@example.com.
Please select the NEXT BUTTON to submit a proposal for the 2023 LAPCAE Annual Conference.