Code of Conduct for Affordable Driving School 30 Hour Classroom
Thank you for choosing Affordable driving school, we are excited that you are here and have chosen us for your driver's education! We hold our expectations high for our staff and students so we will be having everyone sign and agree to our classroom expectations for attending this state mandated course.
- It is VERY important for our class teachers to know when teaching if your child has a learning disability that we need to be made aware of. If applicable please list below, at the end of the sheet (IEP, 504, dyslexia, ADHD, ADD etc.)
- Seating will be assigned for the class. Your child is welcome to sit where they are comfortable the first day and that will be their seat for the duration of the course, unless asked to be moved by the teacher.
-Each child will have a "3 strike policy" for the entire 30 hour class. We will give your child three warnings before parents are contacted and discuss action from there.
Here are the ground rules:
1.Be on time! Class starts promptly at 8am. If you are more than 10 min late for class or returning from lunch you will be asked to make up that session on a different day. (The Department of Revenue is very strict regarding timing!!!!)
2. Respect each other and be considerate of other classmates.
3. Please pay attention and take notes!! (Your final exam is open notel)
4. We use a phone box for all of our classes to limit distractions. ALL phones are to be put on silent and placed in view in the box at the front of the classroom to limit distractions, you are not allowed to have ear pods in your ears during class time. Your child will get a 10-minute break every hour, on the hour to be on their phones. If you are needing to get ahold of your child we ask that you call the office and we can pull them aside.
5. Inside voices should be used at all times in the building. Absolutely, no shouting, yelling or cursing allowed.
6. Food and Drinks are permitted as long as you clean up after yourself.
- We do offer snacks and drinks for $1, if you would like one, please ask the teacher or office staff. We ONLY take cash for the snacks.
7. There is to be NO wandering the hallways, being disruptive to other tenants or hanging out in the parking lot. Please conduct yourself in a respectable monner at all times.
8. Your personal property is important you, OUR school property is important to us. Please do not damage school property. Chairs, tables, books etc.
9. Guest speakers will be scheduled throughout this course, these speakers make time to come in to talk to our classes so please be respectful and don't be afraid to ask questions.
By signing this Code of Conduct, you and your student are agreeing to the above rules for this class. If you cannot obey these set rules by Affordable Driving School, you may be asked to be dismissed from this class with no refund.