The Covenants require that "No building, fence, wall, antenna, swimming pool or other structure shall be commenced, erected or maintained upon the Properties, nor shall any exterior addition to or change or alteration therein be made until the plans and specifications showing the nature kind, shape, height, materials and location of the same shall have been submitted to and approved in writing as to harmony of external design and location in relation to surrounding structures and topography by the Board of Directors of the Association, or by an architectural committee composed of three (3) or more representatives appointed by the Board. In the event said Board, or its designated committee, fails to approve or disapprove such design and location within the thirty (30) days after said plans and specifications have been submitted to it, approval will not be required and this Article will be deemed to have been fully complied with."
For further information, the current Planning Guidelines may be found on the trurohomes.org website. To be considered by the committee the application must be submitted via this webform. You may also download a hard copy, print, complete and return to the clubhouse mailbox. The webform is the preferred method.
Requests for architectural changes must include the following information, as appropriate:
- Brief description of the project.
- Drawings, including plans, elevations, and details, as necessary to completely describe the location of the project on the site, and the nature, kind, color, shape, height, length, and width of the project. Applications shall include a copy of the House Location Plat approved by Fairfax County showing the existing yards for the property and a drawing indicating the approximate location of neighboring houses.
- Specifications describing the specific nature and kind of materials to be used, and workmanship are required in sufficient detail for the Committee to make a decision. For fences, screens and similar projects, the specifications all be included in the letter of request.
- Written evidence that abutting neighbors, or those to whom the project will be visible (e.g. across the street) are aware of the proposed project.
- Samples or photographs of similar completed projects may be included and encouraged, if they help explain the project.
- For major additions or modifications to existing houses complete detailed drawing and specifications are required.
Submittals to the ACC for review must be received no later than 5 days before the ACC meets (generally the second Tuesday of each month). Other submissions shall be considered untimely and improvidently filed, unless the Committee waives this requirement.
PLEASE BE AS DESCRIPTIVE AS POSSIBLE