MMYFC Scholarship Policy
We want as many lost 11-19 year olds to have the opportunity to participate in overnight trips to help in their journey to becoming a lifelong follower of Jesus. We recognize that trips are a strategic opportunity to take young people out of their daily environment and provide extended overnight shared experiences for building authentic Christ-sharing relationships with YFC leaders.
There are a variety of ways to help a young person come up with the funds needed to attend an overnight trip. This policy specifically addresses those site leaders requesting scholarship money when available to help the young person attend a trip
- A young person who is 11-19 years old and involved at a MMYFC ministry site that has requested assistance to attend a trip.
- The site leader’s discernment in the importance of the trip to help the young person in their journey with Jesus.
- The young person and the site leader have and are pursuing other opportunities to help the young person secure the funds needed for the trip
- An application is filled out at least 4 weeks prior to the trip requesting assistance*
- You will be notified within a week of the decision
- A thank you note is written by the recipient within a week of returning from the trip to the appropriate recipient.