As a Maintenance Technician, you will be part of the team that is dedicated to keeping the homes and condominiums on our rental program in like-new condition! You must be able to operate as part of a team, showcasing outstanding communication skills. You will regularly be working amidst guests and owners, and as such must be polished, well-spoken, groomed, respectful, and polite.
This is a full-time position. Overtime will be a reality during the summer. Weekends and holidays are a must during the busy season. Please do not apply if this won’t work for you. Hours are generally 8:30 to 5:30 but may be longer depending on the needs of the day. You’ll periodically be on-call in a rotation with the other maintenance technicians.
Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision insurance. PTO and Paid Holidays. 401K available after one year of service. Compass Employees receive a 10-30% discount on goods and services at The Palms Coffeehouse & Bistro, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, and The Spa at Silver Shells and Free access to The Palms of Destin Gym.
Specific duties vary widely, and include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Electrical work – Replacing GFI outlets, installing light fixtures & switches, changing bulbs, etc.
- Plumbing – Replacing fill valves, flush valves, flappers, flush handles; installing garbage disposals, sink/faucet repairs and replacements, finding/stopping leaks.
- Furniture repair – Tightening/replacing bolts and screws in furniture, repairing sleeper sofas, adjusting bed frames/supports/slats.
- Pools & Hot Tubs – Understanding and troubleshooting pool & hot tub operations.
- Construction – Sheetrock repair, A/C vent cleaning, door stop installation, door/hinge repair, sanding/painting (heavy emphasis on the ability to blend new paint with existing), troubleshooting and repairing lock/locking mechanism, understanding of Kaba locks.
- Cable-Wifi – Troubleshoot cable problems and remotes, reconfigure wireless routers, repair wifi issues
- Appliances – Installation and repair of common household appliances (dishwashers, microwaves, washing machines and dryers, etc).
- HVAC – Understanding proper A/C operation, diagnosing heating/cooling problems, changing filters, installing/removing portable A/C units.
Exterior Cleaning – Pre-arrival cleans of the exteriors of homes (police the grounds, blow off patios and driveways, clean grills, skim pools, etc).