West Campus Room Scheduling Policy
To schedule space, you have two options. You will need to either complete this form, or come to the TMA Front Desk in the WCOB. Our office is open M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm. We will not schedule rooms over the phone or by email.
To schedule a room for a TMA One Act, you will need:
- The name of your project
- The name of the point person who will do scheduling for the project
- A confirmation from your team that your rehearsal time will work for everyone (don’t plan on reserving rooms BEFORE you talk with you cast/team in hopes of grabbing space early. There is plenty of room for everyone.)
- If you are trying to reserve multiple spaces at once, please have your dates written down if you are scheduling with a TMA secretary.
- Confirmed alternate times that could work if your first times aren’t available. Again, if you are scheduling with a TMA secretary, please have your dates written down.
There are 8 REHEARSAL SPACES on West Campus:
WCCB 1010 (Black Box Theatre, available only to One Acts for rehearsals)
WCCB 1020 (Studio Rehearsal Room)
WCCB 1150 (Mainstage Rehearsal Room)
WCCB 2176 (Theatre Flex Classroom)
*These rooms right now provide big open spaces for rehearsal. We will be stocking them with acting blocks throughout this semester.
All other rooms that belong to TMA on West Campus can be scheduled for other events (production meetings, writing sessions, student group meetings, etc.) The front desk secretaries will be able to help you identify rooms that will best serve your needs.
TMA 436 One Acts will receive priority when scheduling rehearsal spaces at the beginning of each semester. No one besides the One Acts will be able to schedule anything for one week after the add-drop deadline each semester.
Other projects (not rehearsals) can schedule non-rehearsal rooms after the add-drop deadline.
After the One Acts have had their time at the beginning of the semester to schedule, any other projects will be able to schedule rehearsals / auditions in the 8 rooms above.
Anyone can schedule any available room (except Black Box 1010) the day of, first come first serve.
HOURS ALLOWED PER WEEK
To ensure that as many projects as possible can get time in rehearsal spaces, there will also be a limit on how many hours are permitted within different areas. The policies for those are as follows:
- Each One Act will have up to 6 hours per semester in WCCB 1010 (Black Box), which does not include time for tech rehearsal. (Tech rehearsals are scheduled in TMA 436 directly with a Black Box RSM).
- Each One Act will have up to 6 hours per week in any of the other rehearsal rooms.
- Other projects outside of the One Acts will have up to 4 hours per week in any rehearsal rooms, except the Black Box 1010.
- Other projects (not rehearsals) will have up to 4 hours per week in any of the non-rehearsal rooms.
Please Note: TMA has no restrictions on the amount of time that projects can use any room on the main campus, except the Wilkinson Center. The front desk secretaries have to be the ones to schedule main campus rooms, so contact them directly for those needs.
When you reserve rooms, you will sign a contract agreeing to leave the space exactly as you entered it. If, for any reason, there are any complaints or issues regarding the condition of the room after you left, you will lose your privileges to rehearse in any TMA spaces for one week. Continuous neglect of the spaces will lead to the loss of other privileges.
When you reserve rooms, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure that you have a printed copy of all confirmation emails from the TMA secretaries whenever you’re in a rehearsal space, in case of conflicts.
If your rehearsal date or time changes, let the TMA secretaries know immediately so they can release the room to allow other projects to rehearse.
Unfortunately, the department or college may need the use of a room that you may have scheduled. In these rare occasions, we will do our best to reschedule to the next best available space as soon as we are aware of the conflict.
Remember that on Monday nights, you can only use campus space on the Main Campus or on West Campus until 7:00pm. Also, no activities can be scheduled in any space on campus after the last day of classes. There are no exceptions to these university-mandated rules.
If you have any questions or concerns about any part of these policies, don't hesitate to contact the TMA secretaries at email@example.com.