Do you ever wish for a completely new and energized approach to how your camp thinks about, talks about, and engages in fundraising? Many organizations aspire to have a Culture of Philanthropy. Few ever achieve it. This JCamp 180 offering is designed to get your camp there.
This year, camps can apply to take part in the Choose Abundance Intensive, led by JCamp 180 Consultant Laurie Herrick. The program intends to prepare you for an organization-wide breakthrough to instill a powerful new culture. For this reason, camps enrolling in the program must commit to full participation by their Executive Director or Camp Director, the Board Chair or equivalent lay leader, and development professional. Up to 6 individuals can be part of your team.
By applying for this program, you agree that the entire team in this application is willing to attend the online meetings in September 2023, January 2024, and May 2024. Monthly team coaching calls will be arranged with Laurie Herrick and the participants from each camp.
Please note that upon acceptance into GIFT Leadership Institute, your team will be requested to fill out a financial form.
1. Camp representative submits this Preliminary Application. This application is due by July 1, 2023; it should take 2-3 minutes to complete.
2. You will receive a communication asking for contact information of your team members.
3. Each individual team member will fill out a more in-depth application form.
4. A team interview will be scheduled to discuss the program and your team's readiness.
5. You will be notified of your acceptance within a couple of days of your interview.
6. Each camp accepted into the program will be asked to complete a financial status report.
3 required online gatherings that will be held from 11 AM – 4 PM Eastern for 3 consecutive days (Monday – Wednesday):
- September 18-20, 2023, 11 AM- 4PM EST
- January 29-31, 2024, 11 AM- 4PM EST
- May 6-8, 2024, 11 AM- 4PM EST
In addition to the cohort-based learning, camps will also receive individual coaching to help develop their plans. Please note that the Choose Abundance Intensive will include both Jewish day and overnight camps affiliated with JCamp 180 as well as other nonprofit organizations outside of camping working on their Culture of Philanthropy plans.