Purpose: FMDA's Quality Champion Award is presented in recognition of the skills, talents, expertise, commitment, and personal attributes that encompass quality patient-centered care.
his award honors Florida-based clinicians who work day-in and day-out to serve the most-frail population in Florida’s post-acute and long-term care (PALTC) continuum. The recipient of this award embodies the highest standards of dedication, leadership, engagement, and innovation. The recipient is personified as a cornerstone in both his or her respective field as well as within the facility(s) or roles served.
Eligibility: Physician, Medical Director, Advanced Practice Nurse, Consultant Pharmacist, and Physician Assistant practicing in PALTC for at least five years. Either the nominee or nominator must be a member of FMDA in good standing.
Nominators: Any Physician, Medical Director, Advanced Practice Nurse, Clinical Pharmacist, Assistant/ Director of Nursing, Nursing Home Administrator, Regional Nurse Consultant, patient/resident, or volunteer may nominate a worthy candidate. Nominees may not self-nominate but may be nominated by other FMDA members, colleagues, or other health professionals involved in PALTC.
Award: The recipient will be selected on the basis of the nomination eligibility criteria and through a blind committee review process. The award winner will be announced during FMDA’s 31st Annual Conference, Best Care Practices in the Post-Acute and Long Term-Care Continuum 2023, on Saturday, Oct. 21, 2023 at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando.
Deadline: All nominations, must be received by Monday, Sept. 18, 2023. There will be no exceptions. Nomination forms may be completed online or delivered to the FMDA business office.
Instructions: Please submit supporting documentation and cite specific examples including patient and clinician comments. Also submit relevant data when available. If you require more space, you are welcome to attach a sheet to the nomination form.
- Nominations will be reviewed by the FMDA Awards Committee.
- Only completed nominations will be considered.
- Candidates will not be identified by name to the Awards Committee – this will be a blind review process.
- Current FMDA board members are not eligible during their term of office.
- Nominees must have worked in their respective field for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Nominees may be nominated by other members, colleagues, administrators, medical directors or any other health professional involved in long-term care.
- Candidates may not self-nominate.
Sponsorship: FMDA’s 5th Annual Quality Champion Award is sponsored by XXXXX.