1. Booth location to be determined by McFarlane Promotions, Inc and the City of San Diego.
2. Vendor Load-in and Set-up:
Friday, December 1: Set-up time is from 7am to 2pm However vehicles will only be permitted on site until 11am. All vehicles must be removed from the site by Noon.
Saturday, December 2: Set-up is from and 6am to 10am. However, vehicles will only be permitted on site until 8am and must be off premises by 9am.
3. Vendors are required to be open for all event hours as stated at the top of this application. CLOSING BEFORE THE END OF EVENT OR STAYING OPEN AFTER EVENT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND IS GROUNDS FOR EXCLUSION FROM PARTICIPATION AT FUTURE EVENTS.
4. All Vendors must bring their own booths, furnishings and equipment. Nothing is provided by the organizer except the space.
5. All business and other activity must be conducted within the designated booth space only. No distribution, canvassing, flyers, nor vending of any kind may be done by strolling through the festival grounds. Vendors are required to conduct business within the perimeter of their purchased space size (in most cases 10x10 or 10x15 for food vendors). No product, equipment, or activities are permitted outside their footprint. Extra space may be purchased in advanced.
6. Vendors must post prices in a legible manner and in a visible space within their booth.
7. The sale and or consumption of alcoholic beverages of any kind is strictly prohibited. Additionally, due to sponsorship and contractual arrangements, only sponsor related water & beverages will be allowed to be sold. Any failure to comply with these beverage rules may result in expulsion from the event.
8. All vendors must participate in the event recycling program. It is your responsibility to collect, break down, and place all of your cardboard in the designated locations, where they will be picked up for recycling. At no time should cardboard boxes be in view of the public or placed in the trash. Failure to comply with event recycling may result in a withholding of your deposit and/or suspension from future December Nights events.
9. Vendors must provide trash receptacles for waste generated by their booth. Improper trash disposal is grounds for exclusion from participation at future events.
10. Vendors are required to obtain and display all necessary permits and / or licenses. McFarlane Promotions and The City of San Diego are not liable and will not refund any fees or deposits.
11. Each Vendor will be responsible for all of his / her own merchandies or equipment. Neither McFarlane Promotions nor The City of San Diego will be liable for any lost, stolen or misplaced merchandise or equipment at the event.
12. POWER: Per City regulations, vendors are not permitted to supply their own power and must purchase from the event on this form. In order to access power, vendors must bring at least 100 feet of cord. Power is not available overnight and will be shut off approximately one hour after the end of the event on each day so make preparations for perishables.
13. INSURANCE: Vendors must provide proof of general liability insurance and add McFarlane Promotions and The City of San Diego as additionally insured. Specific insurance instructions will be emailed to you upon submission of this form.
14. If the event is rescheduled, your fee will be honored at the rescheduled event.
15. McFarlane Promotions, Inc. and the City of San Diego reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. All articles are subject to search upon admission. Event producers reserve the right to use photos or graphic images taken by event organizers. No video cameras, alcohol, simulated weapons, illegal drugs, weapons, lawn chairs, hazardous substances, bicycles, skateboards, roller blades or pets will be allowed to be brought onto the premises. The holder assumes all risk or danger incidental to the attraction/event whether occurring prior to, during or subsequent to the attraction/event including the risk of cancellation. No exception. This event is rain or shine.
16. Overnight security will be provided however this is as a courtesy. Neither McFarlane Promotions nor The City of San Diego assume responsibility for items lost, stolen of damaged. You may leave your setup and items overnight but should bring valuable items out with you.
17. You are required to obtain and display all relevant permits and/or licenses. You must comply with all government regulations in order to operate at the event. If you are forced to close by any government agency (i.e. San Diego County Department of Environmental Health) for failure to obtain the necessary permits and/or licenses, Balboa Park December Nights is not liable and will not refund any fees or deposits.
18. The sale or use of balloons, lasers and other products that might interfere with the flight zone is prohibited.
19. Smoking is prohibited throughout Balboa Park.
20. In case of a dispute, the decision of the Vendor Manager is final.
21. Vendors must comply with any additional rules, requirements and requests made by the Vendor Manager.
22. Vendors must accept the booth space as assigned. You will NOT have the option for a new location due to map printouts / signage. The City of San Diego and McFarlane Promotions retains the right to relocate a rental booth space should it be deemed necessary.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FOOD VENDORS
1. All food Vendors must meet and follow all County of San Diego Health Department and Fire Department Guidelines.
2. Vendors must obtain a City of San Diego Health Permit (call 858.505.6690).
3. All food items must be stored inside the allotted space, covered and off the ground.
4. San Diego Health Department requires that vendors provide appropriate cleaning materials as well as a hand-washing setup. Running water is not provided on the grounds of the event.
5. Containers of butane or fuel must be affixed to a post or other secure item.
6. All food vendors using cooking or heating implements in the cooking area outside of their tent will need to provide barriers or barricade around the perimeter of the cooking area to keep customers from getting to close. (Acceptable Barriers include fencing and/or bicycle racks. Unacceptable barriers are ropes, stanchions, netting - anything not sturdy enough to keep people from pushing right through it).
7. All food vendors must bring a “Spill Kit” and lay a durable, waterproof, grease-resistant tarp under the ENTIRE perimeter of your space plus two feet around all sides. If you have open flame grills, fryers and other cooking devices that tend to splatter you'll need to extend the tarp beyond just the perimeter to account for splatter. This includes any space you are using outside of your tent. Vendors will be charged for cleaning any grease or oil spills or splatter which can often be in the hundreds of dollars. (An acceptable Spill Kit must include a durable, waterproof, grease-resistant tarp or other waterproof ground cover, one gallon bucket with lid, 5 lbs cat litter bag or sand, Terry cloth and paper towels, thick black trash bags).
8. All food Vendors must observe all terms and conditions as listed elsewhere in this application.
9. Ice and drinkable, running water are NOT provided. You must bring your own water for cooking.
10. You are required to obtain and display all relevant permits and/or licenses. You must comply with all government regulations in order to operate at the event. If you are forced to close by any government agency (i.e. San Diego County Department of Environmental Health) for failure to obtain the necessary permits and/or licenses, the City of San Diego, McFarlane Promotions and December Nights is not liable and will not refund any fees or deposits.