Cows for Cambodia requests that all volunteers / adventure tour participants respect a high standard of conduct for the duration of their time participating in village life / farm work and generally while on tour.
The Code of Conduct is designed to help people achieve the most out of your visit and ensures that Cows for Cambodia and the people we work with and treated with respect and that consideration is given to the Cambodia culture during your visit. It also ensures that precautions are taken to ensure your safety.
In general, you MUST:
• Respect, seek and attempt to understand the culture of Cambodia. This involves being tolerant of the varying approaches of the local people. Your Cows for Cambodia host can explain the cultural norms and advise you. Please note you are a guest in Cambodia.
• Understand that you are a representative of Cows for Cambodia and will be travelling in a large group of people whose travel experience may vary. We ask that you are patient, helpful and respectful to all your fellow passengers / volunteers.
• Treat all people with respect and dignity and abide by cultural spoken or unspoken rules (i.e. appropriately responding to beggars, avoiding disrespectful language, do not take photos of nude children, seeking permission from other passengers and project beneficiaries to photograph them and for their image to be
used on social media).
• Dress appropriately and respectfully at all times. This includes in the village, farms and at the school. Cambodians are conservative by nature and we ask our guests to respect your surroundings by dressing appropriately. (i.e. covering your shoulders and knees. No singlets or revealing clothing).
• Consult your Cows for Cambodia host before actively seeking to participate in volunteer work or provide money or gifts outside of the Cows for Cambodia project i.e. – hospitals, schools or veterinary clinic to ensure it is deemed safe and culturally acceptable to do so.
• Stay in groups of two or more people as much as possible when travelling between venues and / or attending restaurants events in your free time.
• Respect local customs and abide by the rules of the accommodation and tour providers and settle any private bills before leaving the accommodation.
• Consult your Cows for Cambodia host in case if emergency.